Topics in Language Disorders has changed its format for earning the continuing education (CE) credit available for its content. This change has taken effect with the July-September 2019 issue (Vol 39 No. 3).
All articles in each issue of TLD are to be taken as individual courses, instead of one large test covering all articles in the issue. Users may take any or all courses from the print journal for one low price using the answer sheet included in the back of the journal. There is no change for online test takers; TLD articles have been offered as individual courses since 2016.
- Subscribers to TLD may take as many courses from an issue as desired for a nominal processing fee of $12.00 (print or online). The subscriber discount is applied online when payment is requested.
- Nonsubscribers pay an enrollment and processing fee of $50.00 for as many individual courses in an issue as desired. These fees are for the processing of tests and CE certificates and do not represent income to ASHA.
The CE tests in TLD are available to complete via http://alliedhealth.ceconnection.com/browse/professions . Register on the CE website and be sure to include the following in your profile:
- Your TLD account number (and include "lww" with the 12-digit number) Example: lww543216789999
- Your ASHA Membership Number so that your course completion can be reported to ASHA for you.
- At this website, readers can find all Wolters Kluwer CE activities available for Speech-Language Pathologists.
An annual ASHA CE Registry fee is required to register ASHA CEUs. ASHA CE Registry fees are paid by the participant directly to the ASHA National Office. The ASHA CE Registry fee allows registration to an unlimited number of ASHA CEU for a calendar year. Contact the ASHA staff at 800-498-2071 ext 4219 for CE Registry fee subscription information.
Who is eligible to earn ASHA CEUs?
Effective July 1, 2011, individuals must meet at least one of the following conditions in order to be eligible to earn ASHA CEUs.
- ASHA Member (includes Life member and International affiliates)
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) Holder
- Licensed by a state or provincial regulatory agency to practice speech-language pathology (SLP) or audiology
- Credentialed by a state regulatory agency to practice SLP or audiology
- Credentialed by a national regulatory agency to practice SLP or audiology
- Currently enrolled in a masters or doctoral program in SLP or audiology