Starting with this April-June 2022 issue, the continuing education tests for Topics in Language Disorders (TLD) will be available to complete online-only on the CE Connection for Allied Health website: https://alliedhealth.ceconnection.com/browse/professions/10. (Completed tests will no longer be accepted by mail or fax.)
Register on the Allied Health CE Connection website (it's free to register) and be sure to include the following in your account profile:
- Your TLD subscription account number (and include “lww" with the 12-digit number) Example: lww543216789999
- Your ASHA Membership Number so that your course completion can be reported to ASHA for you. Place your ASHA membership number in “Professional Information" in the Certifications section.
You must first log in to your account to access the TLD online learning activity documents and tests. In the “My
Planner" section, it will keep track of all your Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW) online CE activities for you.
There is only one correct answer for each CE test question. A passing score for this test is 20 correct answers. If
you pass, you can print your certificate of earned ASHA CEU credits after completing the evaluation form. If you
fail the test, you will have the option of taking the test again at no additional cost.
For questions, contact LWW: 1-800-787-8985 or https://alliedhealth.ceconnection.com click on “Help" in the top
CE Activity Fees:
Subscribers receive a discounted processing fee for all TLD CE online courses. A fee of $25 per test will be provided
for TLD subscribers, and a fee of $75 per test will be provided for non-subscribers. The subscriber discount is applied online when payment is requested. These fees are for the processing of tests and CE certificates and do not represent income to ASHA. At the website https://alliedhealth.ceconnection.com/browse/professions/10, readers can find all LWW CE courses available for Speech-Language Pathologists. An annual ASHA CE Registry fee is required to earn ASHA CEUs. ASHA CE Registry fees are paid by the participant directly to the ASHA National Office. The annual ASHA CE Registry fee allows registration to an unlimited number of ASHA CEUs for a calendar year. Contact the ASHA staff at 800-498-2071 Option 3 for CE Registry fee subscription information.
Who is eligible to earn ASHA CEUs?
This information is provided on ASHA's website: https://www.asha.org/ce/ceus/eligibility-to-earn-asha-ceus/
Effective July 1, 2011, individuals must meet at least one of the following conditions in order to be eligible to earn ASHA CEUs.
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) Holder
- Life Member, Membership holder without Certification, or International Affiliate
- Licensed by a state or provincial regulatory agency to practice independently as an audiologist or speech-language pathologist
- Credentialed by a state regulatory agency to practice independently as an audiologist or speech-language pathologist
- Credentialed by a national regulatory agency to practice independently as an audiologist or speech-language pathologist
- Currently engaged in a Clinical Fellowship, which is supervised by someone with their ASHA CCC
- Currently enrolled in a masters or doctoral program in audiology or speech language pathology