The National Conference for Nurse Practitioners: The Conference for Primary and Acute Care Clinicians that will be held May 9-12, 2018, at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. This bi-annual event is sponsored by Wolters Kluwer, publisher of The Nurse Practitioner journal, and offers you educational sessions relevant to advanced clinical practice giving you the tools you need to improve the overall quality of patient care.
We think you’ll agree that the National Conference for Nurse Practitioners is the best choice for your continuing education needs. You’ll enjoy a terrific setting, an evidence-based approach to learning, easy access to continuing education, numerous meal functions (which really sets the conference apart from all other events), and best of all, the opportunity to collaborate and exchange ideas with your peers.
Program Goals and Objectives
The purpose of the National Conference for Nurse Practitioners is to offer interactive tutorials, presentations, and practical workshops that promote clinical excellence and improve the quality of care that health care practitioners provide. By attending this conference and participating in the educational sessions, you’ll be able to:
- consult with experts in primary and acute care as well as clinical subspecialties
- discuss issues related to family, adult, pediatric, geriatric, women’s health, legal, mental health, and acute care practice specialties
- develop your assessment and clinical management skills in hands-on and skill-building workshops
- evaluate current and new treatment methods and pharmacologic therapies
- identify issues that affect advanced practice, including reimbursement, malpractice, clinical practice guidelines, and using the latest technologies in the industry
- increase advanced practice clinicians’ skill set in order to provide expanded services and improve billing and reimbursement.
We also encourage you to share your research findings as well as your tips, tricks, techniques and expertise as a presenter in our poster session. Display details of your clinical innovations and give colleagues information they can take home and apply in their work settings.