- Read the article on page 161.
- The test for this CE activity can be taken online at www.NursingCenter.com/CE/RNJ. Find the test under the article title. Tests can no longer be mailed or faxed.
- You will need to create a username and password and login to your personal CE Planner account before taking online tests. (It’s free!) Your planner will keep track of all your Lippincott Professional Development online CE activities for you.
- There is only one correct answer for each question. A passing score for this test is 7 correct answers. If you pass, you can print your certificate of earned contact hours and access the answer key. If you fail, you have the option of taking the test again at no additional cost.
- For questions, contact Lippincott Professional Development: 1-800-787-8985.
Registration Deadline: June 4, 2021
Disclosure Statement: The authors and planners have disclosed that they have no financial relationships related to this article.
Lippincott Professional Development will award 1.0 contact hour for this continuing nursing education activity.
Lippincott Professional Development is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This activity is also provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 11749 for 1.0 contact hour. Lippincott Professional Development is also an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the District of Columbia, Georgia, and Florida, CE Broker #50-1223.
Your certificate is valid in all states.
- The registration fee for this test is $10.00 for members and $12.50 for nonmembers.
CE TEST QUESTIONS
Purpose: To present a study conducted to identify the effect of group exercise programs and motivational telephone counseling on physical function and psychosocial factors in patients who have Parkinson’s disease.
Learning Objectives/Outcomes: After completing this continuing education activity, you should be able to:
1. Recall the background data helpful for understanding Parkinson’s disease and the benefits of motivational approaches to disease management.
2. Specify the interventions used in testing the effectiveness of group exercise programs and motivational telephone counseling on the manifestations of Parkinson’s disease and health-related quality of life.
3. Summarize the results of the study.
- A common manifestation of Parkinson’s disease (PD) is
- muscle flaccidity.
- With motivational processes, people who more strongly believe in their capability
- exert greater and more persistent effort.
- pay more attention to behavior that commands attention.
- assess the relationship between their behavior and its consequences.
- Key elements of motivational interviewing are collaboration, evocation, and
- The group exercise program the authors implemented for the intervention group in this study included
- 5 minutes of warm-up.
- 20 minutes of aerobic exercise.
- 15 minutes of resistance exercise.
- Aerobic exercise was implemented for the intervention group as
- line dancing.
- water aerobics.
- Which of the following questions was included in the telephone counseling?
- “Do you have any specific concerns about continuing to engage in regular exercise?”
- “What expectations do you have for slowing down the progression of your Parkinson’s symptoms?”
- “Have you lately experienced any health problems such as a fall or unpleasant symptoms?”
- To assess strength and lower limb endurance, researchers conducted a
- timed up-and-go test.
- walking test.
- chair stand test.
- Study results indicated that, contrasted with the comparison group, the intervention group’s health-related quality of life (HRQOL) improved, particularly regarding
- social function.
- functional fitness.
- A meta-analysis by Shu et al. (2014) found that, for people with PD, aerobic exercise enhanced all of the following except
- The exercise program had remarkable and statistically significant effects on which of the following psychological dimensions of the Korean version of the 39-item Parkinson's Disease Questionnaire?