What is Open Access?
Open access (OA) is the practice of providing unrestricted access via the Internet to peer-reviewed scholarly research. Open access journals provide 'gold' open access, meaning immediate open access to all of their articles on the publisher's website.
What types of articles will Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology publish?
- Clinical, experimental, basic and applied research
- Health education research
- Systematic Review articles
- Non-systematic reviews
- Evidence-based clinical practice guidelines
- Management guidelines, protocols and consensus
- Reflection articles derived from research
- Reflection articles not derived from research
- Technology update and innovation
- Continuing medical education articles
- History of Medicine, the specialty and related areas
- Case report
- Special images
- Letters and Replies to the Editor
- Books Reviews
How will readers know articles are open access?
All open access articles will be marked with an icon bearing 'Open Access' on the full-text and PDF formats of the published work, and information on the type of creative commons license will be available on all article formats and listed in the article metadata.
Who retains copyright of the open access articles?
The society retains copyright for the article, with content licensed under the CC BY-NC-ND Creative Commons 4.0 licenses.
• Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs: CC BY-NC-ND. This license allows others to download your works and share them with others as long as they credit you, but they can’t change them in any way or use them commercially.
If I publish in Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology, does this make me compliant with my funding body requirements?
Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology’s services and policies ensure that authors can fully comply with the public access requirements of major funding bodies worldwide.
Is there an Article Processing Charge to publish in Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology?
There is currently no cost to authors to publish in Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology. The cost of publication of peer-reviewed, accepted manuscripts is underwritten by a grant from the Sociedad Colombiana de Anestesiologia y Reanimación.
Does Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology have clear editorial and ethical policies?
Yes, Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology is a member of the Committee of Publication Ethics and adheres to their guidelines. More details on Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology's editorial and ethical policies can be found on the Editorial, Legal, and Ethical Policies page and in the Author Instructions.
How do I subscribe to Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology?
Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology is an open access journal, so there is no subscription.
Does Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology have an impact factor? Is Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology indexed in PubMed Central or Medline?
Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology does not yet have an Impact Factor and is not yet included in PubMed Central or Medline. As soon as the required application criteria are met, the journal will apply for indexing in these databases. When accepted, indexing will occur retroactively. Similarly, when application criteria are met, Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology will apply for an Impact Factor.