The Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology (RCA), a leading publication in the development of anesthesiology within the highest quality and safety standards, and the emblematic work of the Colombian Society of Anesthesiology and Resuscitation, is looking for a new editor-in-chief. The selection process will be carried out through an open call, in which those interested that meet the requirements, must submit the requested documentation.
The editor-in-chief must be an anesthesiologist that as ambassador of the journal, contributes to its national and international dissemination, its constant improvement, as well as the application of the provisions contained in the editorial procedure defined in the Organization's Quality Management System. He or she will be on charge of the Editorial Committee of the RCA, is the direct responsible of the panel of Peer Reviewers, seeks the consecution of articles to ensure continuity in the publication, interact with the publisher and verifies compliance with indicators and proposes continuous improvement plans, always acting within the norms and national and international recommendations of scientific journals' publications.
To define who is the candidate with enough experience to be the new editor-in-chief of the Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology
- Profile of the candidate
The candidate must be an anesthesiologist and to perform properly must speaks both English and Spanish fluently, have a postgraduate training at the master's or doctorate level and must have sufficient experience in research, and ideally he must have experience in the editorial process of scientific journals, and preferably with experience in the indexing process of scientific journals.
- Submit a CV with a photocopy of diploma or certificate of degree, if you have editorial experience, attach documentation that certifies it.
- For Spanish-speaking candidates: You must present an IELTS or TOEFL certificate issued no more than two years ago, showing your proficiency in the English language, or a certificate proving that you work or have carried out a training process in an English-speaking country that has a duration of at least 3 months.
- For English-speaking candidates: During the selection process, a proficiency test will be conducted in Spanish.
- Present support that evidences the publication of fifteen or more documents in journals indexed in Web of Science or Scopus.
- Certification of work as a peer reviewer of a scientific journal.
The nomination of the candidate must be sent to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; if you wish to obtain additional information about the call, you can contact the following numbers:
(57) 312 3979453
Or write to the e-mail