What is Open Access?
Open access (OA) is the practice of providing unrestricted access via the Internet to peer-reviewed scholarly research. Open access journals provide 'gold' open access, meaning immediate open access to all of their articles on the publisher's website.
What types of articles will Pediatric Quality & Safety publish?
• Individual QI Projects from Single Institutions
• Multi-institutional Collaborative and QI Network Research
• QI Methodology
• QI M&M
• Invited Reviews
• Serious Safety Event Reports
• Quality Improvement Tool School
• Letters to the Editor
How will readers know articles are open access?
All open access articles will be marked with an icon bearing 'Open Access' on the full-text and PDF formats of the published work, and information on the type of creative commons license will be available on all article formats and listed in the article metadata.
Who retains copyright of the open access articles?
Authors retain copyright for their article, with content licensed under one of 2 Creative Commons 4.0 licenses.
• Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs: CC BY-NC-ND. This license allows others to download your works and share them with others as long as they credit you, but they can’t change them in any way or use them commercially.
• Attribution: CC-BY. This license allows others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation.
If I publish in PQS, does this make me compliant with my funding body requirements?
PQS’s services and policies ensure that authors can fully comply with the public access requirements of major funding bodies worldwide.
Is there an Article Processing Charge to publish in PQS?
There is currently no cost to authors to publish in PQS. The cost of publication of peer-reviewed, accepted manuscripts is underwritten by a grant from Nationwide Children's Hospital.
Does PQS have clear editorial and ethical policies?
Yes, PQS is a member of the Committee of Publication Ethics and adheres to their guidelines. More details on PQS's editorial and ethical policies can be found on the Editorial, Legal, and Ethical Policies page and in the Author Instructions.
Is PQS online only?
Yes, PQS is available online, with no print edition.
How do I subscribe to PQS?
PQS is an open access journal, so there is no subscription.
Does PQS have an impact factor? Is PQS indexed in PubMed Central or Medline?
As a brand-new journal, PQS does not yet have an Impact Factor and is not yet included in PubMed Central or Medline. As soon as the required application criteria are met, the journal will apply for indexing in these databases. When accepted, indexing will occur retroactively. Similarly, when application criteria are met, PQS will apply for an Impact Factor.