PQS is an open access journal. Distinct benefits and features of PQS include:
• Peer Review. A peer-reviewed publication, publishing selectively only those articles that pass peer review requirements of its Editorial Board.
• Electronic Delivery. Content is offered via online publication (no print option).
• Speed. Rapid review and publication times
• No “pay wall” for readers. No subscription fees; PQS is free and "open access" to any viewer
• Authors retain copyright
• Advertisements Welcome. Online advertising and commercial reprints are available.
• Front-End Funded. Unlike most open access journals, PQS does not generate its primary revenue through article processing charges paid by individual authors or authors' institutions/grant funding bodies. Instead, the cost of publication for peer-reviewed, accepted manuscripts is underwritten by a grant from Nationwide Children's Hospital. All submissions to PQS undergo a thorough, single-blind peer review process in order to be considred for publication in the Journal. All decisions to accept and publish manuscripts are solely in the province of the editorial board.