Editor-In-Chief: The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal
Wolters Kluwer (WK), in partnership with the European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases (ESPID), is seeking to fill the position of Editor-in-Chief for The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal (PIDJ). The PIDJ EIC Search Committee will accept self nominations through February 20, 2023.
PIDJ is a complete, up-to-the-minute resource on infectious diseases in children. Through a mix of original studies, informative review articles, and unique case reports, PIDJ delivers the latest insights on combating infectious disease in children — from state-of-the-art diagnostic techniques to the most effective drug therapies and other treatment protocols. PIDJ is a monthly, hybrid open access journal.
The Editor-in-Chief works closely with the publisher, editors, and peer-reviewers to meet the mission and revenue goals of the Journal. The EIC has final responsibility for the editorial content of PIDJ. Wolters Kluwer will provide technical support and appropriate training on the submission system (Editorial Manager) and production process. Currently, the Editor-in-Chief is supported by (8) Associate Chief Editors, (3) Associate Editors, (1) Statistical Editor, (2) Social Media Creative Directors and a global Editorial Board, as well as an Editorial Coordinator. In addition, ESPID co-Editors-in-Chief manage the ESPID Reports and Reviews. The Editorial Board is listed on the PIDJ website at https://journals.lww.com/pidj/Pages/editorialboard.aspx. Annual financial support is provided.
Responsibilities of the Editor-in-Chief include, but are not limited to, the following.
1. Provide the highest possible quality of scientific content
- Identify emerging areas of importance and actively solicit the best work being done in those areas
- Recruit a diverse pool of highly qualified colleagues to serve as editors, members of the editorial board, and reviewers
- Assure the integrity and fairness of the review process that is ethical and equitable
- Maintain the highest standards of ethics based on the guidelines of the COPE and ICMJE
2. Organize and maintain an efficient office operation
- Develop procedures for effective triage and review of scientific manuscripts using Editorial Manager
- Manage workflow to meet publication deadline
- Assure excellent and timely support to authors, reviewers, and other professionals who interact with the journal.
3. Develop plans and strategies to attract the most impactful science
- Engage editorial board to understand impact of their decisions, make improvements and develop new content areas
- Coordinate the latest online features with the publisher to address the challenges facing the field today.
4. Collaborate and maintain good working relations with the publisher, society partners and associations
Governance: The EIC reports to Wolters Kluwer (WK), which oversees PIDJ and is responsible for supporting the EIC and editorial team from the aspects of strategy, finance, and relationship with the societies. Wolters Kluwer is responsible for evaluating the EIC's fulfillment of responsibilities based on objective criteria established in line with WK Corporate initiatives and contractual obligations to the ESPID and JSPID. The EIC has responsibility for the content of the journal within the page limits and other criteria agreed in the editor publishing agreement. The EIC will also provide regular feedback to ESPID.
The EIC is regarded as a key opinion leader within the field of pediatric infectious diseases and is expected to attract and solicit high quality content to the Journal. Applicants for the position of Editor-in-Chief should have stature in the field of infectious diseases in children, a distinguished publication record, and editorial experience.
Applications for the position should include the following:
- Letter of application outlining the candidate's editorial experience and vision for the journal
- Current CV addressing publication, editorial, and administrative experience
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THROUGH FEBRUARY 20, 2023. Please direct all queries and applications to The PIDJ EIC Search Committee c/o [email protected]