DEPARTMENTS: NEW PRODUCTS
THERATOGS is an orthotic undergarment and strapping system that gives clients with sensorimotor impairment a new modality for improving postural alignment and stability, movement skill and precision, and joint stability. THERATOGS were designed and developed by Beverly Cusick, PT, MS and provide a Latex®-free, breathable, comfortable, Velcro®-sensitive “external skin” for clinicians engaged in sensorimotor training of clients with developmental disabilities, and for clients in rehabilitation after brain injury, stroke, orthopedic surgery, or neurosurgery1.
- Promote optimum bone and joint development
- Provide joint stability and increased body awareness
- Improve posture, balance, gait, and movement skills
- Reduce the postural correction workload that is often expected of foot and ankle orthoses
- Improve motor performance during therapy sessions
- “Send the therapist’s hands home” in support of the therapy program between sessions
Each client can be custom fit with a cozy, nonslip THERATOGS set and an elastic strapping and support system designed to address that client’s specific musculoskeletal, postural, balance, or movement issues. Select from a variety of strap lengths, widths, calibers of stiffness, and placement options to optimize their therapeutic and orthotic influences.
- Vertical resistance in the DeltaFlex fabric is designed to promote postural stability
- Horizontal fabric flexibility offers easy fit and client comfort—in all climates
- Client enjoys toilet access without doffing THERATOGS
- Versatility by design:
- Custom sizing options are built into trim lines
- Hipster can be made unilateral
- Entirely adaptable strapping system
- Application-marking system simplifies caregiver’s reapplication at home
- Muscle imbalance
- In-toed or out-toed gait
- Postural malalignment
A THERATOGS system consists of:
- A sleeveless tank top with custom-fit side panels
- Two hipsters, each with two thigh cuffs
- An assortment of elasticized straps of different calibers of stiffness
- A marker kit to assure correct strap and panel placement at home
- Illustrated donning instructions and strapping suggestions.
THERATOGS are worn directly on the skin, out of sight under the client’s regular attire. When snugly applied, it comfortably adheres to the skin surface without slipping, which allows proper strapping applications to effectively influence the client’s movement, stability, posture, and gait.
THERATOGS are made from special fabrics that are elasticized, latex-free, and hand-washable composites made of nylon and spandex, with a foam layer made of an aqueous-based elastomeric urethane.
For further information, please contact: Progressive GaitWays, LLC, 536 Society Drive, Telluride, CO 81435–8902; Telephone/Fax (970) 728–7078; Email:www.gaitways.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
TheraTogs™ is a trademark of Progressive GaitWays, LLC. All rights reserved. U.S. Patent pending.
© 2003 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Inc.