Author Resource Center
When you publish your paper in Optometry and Vision Science, it gets noticed!
Optometry and Vision Science (OVS) is the most authoritative source for current developments in optometry, physiological optics, and vision science. This frequently cited monthly scientific journal has served primary eye care practitioners for more than 95 years, promoting vital interdisciplinary exchange among optometrists and vision scientists worldwide.
OVS is an internationally recognized source for education and information on current discoveries in optometry, physiological optics, vision science, and related fields. Topical priorities include, but are not limited to: clinical and laboratory research, evidence-based reviews, contact lenses, ocular growth and refractive error development, eye movements, visual function and perception, biology of the eye and ocular disease, epidemiology and public health, biomedical optics and instrumentation, novel and important clinical observations and treatments, and optometric education.
Reputation & Recognition
In 2019, OVS published 286 papers that were cited 417 times, achieving and Impact Factor of 1.458. The top 3 articles contributing to the journal's 2019 Impact Factor:
1) Walline, Jeffrey J.; Giannoni, Amber Gaume; Sinnott, Loraine T.; Chandler, Moriah A.; Huang, Juan et al.: A Randomized Trial of Soft Multifocal Contact Lenses for Myopia Control: Baseline Data and Methods
2) Ostrin, Lisa A.: Objectively Measured Light Exposure in Emmetropic and Myopic Adults
3) Giasson, Claude J.; Morency, Jeanne; Melillo, Marc; Michaud, Langis: Oxygen Tension Beneath Scleral Lenses of Different Clearances
OVS' Cited Half-Life is 9.6. This is the median age of OVS articles that are cited. Published articles continue to be cited for 9.6 years, indicating the journal's success in publishing enduring material.
Stringent Peer Review: 27% of articles are accepted for publication in OVS
Authorship: 48.7% US, 51.3% International
Top 10 Contributing Countries: US, Australia, Canada, UK, Spain, China, Republic of Korea, India, Germany, & Hong Kong
Reach of OVS Content
Journal Reach: Nearly 10,000 subscribers receive OVS, including members of the American Academy of Optometry and online institutional subscribers.
Online Usage: In the past year, the OVS journal website has been visited more than 166,000 times, totaling more than 225,000 article views
International Readership: Top 10 Countries Accessing the Journal Online:
Individual & Member Access: US, India, UK, Australia, Canada, France, Spain, China, Malaysia, Philippines
Institutional Access: US, Australia, Canada, China, England, Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands, Hong Kong, & UK
Highest Altmetric Scores:
399: Visually Evoked Potential Markers of Concussion History in Patients with Convergence Insufficiency
281: Blue-blocking Filters and Digital Eyestrain
262: Spectral Evaluation of Eyeglass Blocking Efficiency of Ultraviolet/High-energy Visible Blue Light for Ocular Protection
249: The Safety of Soft Contact Lenses in Children
213: Impact of Dry Eye on Prolonged Reading
Hybrid Open Access: 64% of published OVS articles acknowledged a funding source. We offer an open access option for authors to fulfill their funder requirements by making their article freely available globally immediately upon publication for a fee of $2400 USD: https://wkauthorservices.editage.com/open-access/hybrid.html
Authorship & Manuscript Preparation Services
Constructive and Timely Peer-Review
Review Speed: Average time to first decision: 7 weeks.
Publication Speed: Average time to online publication after acceptance: 5 weeks.
We help elevate and deepen the understanding of your research and its clinical application with tools for our readers. Through a partnership with Editage, the following editorial services are available to help you prepare your manuscript for submission. For more information (including pricing), please visit Wolters Kluwer Author Services.
- Premium Editing: Intensive language and structural editing of academic papers to increase chances of journal acceptance.
- Advanced Editing: A complete language, grammar, and terminology check to give you a publication-ready manuscript.
- Translation with Editing: Write your paper in your native language and Wolters Kluwer Author Services will translate it into English, as well as edit it to ensure that it meets international publication standards.
- Plagiarism Check: Helps ensure that your manuscript contains no instances of unintentional plagiarism.
- Artwork Preparation: Save precious time and effort by ensuring that your artwork is viewed favorably by the journal without you having to incur the additional cost of purchasing special graphics software.
- Plain-language summaries, Research news stories, Infographics/visual abstracts, and video summaries are also available, to help you extend the reach of your article on social media. Visit https://wkauthorservices.editage.com/editing/research-communication.html for more information on research communications available to OVS authors.