Optometry and Vision Science recently discovered articles published in 2017 and 2018 with incorrect or incomplete funding/support or conflict of interest statements due to errors in the production process. The correct statements are listed below, and the online versions of these articles have been corrected. The publisher sincerely regrets these errors.
1. Almoqbel FM, Irving EL, Leat SJ. Visual Acuity and Contrast Sensitivity Development in Children: Sweep Visually Evoked Potential and Psychophysics. Optom Vis Sci 2017;94:830–7.https://journals.lww.com/optvissci/Abstract/2017/08000/Visual_Acuity_and_Contrast_Sensitivity_Development.6.aspx
Funding/Support: This study was supported by the following grants to ELI: Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council, Canada Research Chairs, Canadian Foundation for Innovation, and Ontario Innovation Trust; and by a scholarship for FMA from King Saud University, Saudi Arabia.
2. Kulp MT, Ciner E, Maguire M, et al. Attention and Visual Motor Integration in Young Children with Uncorrected Hyperopia. Optom Vis Sci 2017;94:965–70.https://journals.lww.com/optvissci/Abstract/2017/10000/Attention_and_Visual_Motor_Integration_in_Young.6.aspx
Funding/Support: This work was supported by the National Eye Institute of the National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services R01EY021141, and by the Ohio Lions Eye Research Foundation. The funding organizations had no role in the design or conduct of this research.
3. Slota C, Davis SA, Blalock SJ, et al. Patient-Physician Communication on Medication Cost during Glaucoma Visits. Optom Vis Sci 2017;94:1095–101.https://journals.lww.com/optvissci/Fulltext/2017/12000/Patient_Physician_Communication_on_Medication_Cost.5.aspx
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The following authors do not have a financial conflict of interest (CS, SAD, SJB, DMC, KWM, BS). ALR has been a consultant for Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Novartis, Biolight, DSM, Superior Vision, Aravind Eye Foundation, and Perrigo. The sponsors did not provide financial support, nor had a role in the study design, conduct, analysis and interpretation, or writing of the report.
4. González EG, Tarita-Nistor L, Mandelcorn E, et al. Mechanisms of Image Stabilization in Central Vision Loss: Smooth Pursuit. Optom Vis Sci 2018;95:60–9.https://journals.lww.com/optvissci/Abstract/2018/01000/Mechanisms_of_Image_Stabilization_in_Central.9.aspx
Funding/Support: Vision Science Research Program at the Toronto Western Hospital (EGG, MJS).
5. McAllister F, Harwerth R, Patel N. Assessing the True Intraocular Pressure in the Non-human Primate. Optom Vis Sci 2018;95:113–9.https://journals.lww.com/optvissci/Abstract/2018/02000/Assessing_the_True_Intraocular_Pressure_in_the.6.aspx
Funding/Support: National Eye Institute grants K23 EY021761 (NP), R01 EY001139 (RH), T35 EY007088, and P30 EY007551.
6. Fingeret M, Dickerson JE, Jr. The Role of Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery Devices in the Management of Glaucoma. Optom Vis Sci 2018;95:155–62.https://journals.lww.com/optvissci/Fulltext/2018/02000/The_Role_of_Minimally_Invasive_Glaucoma_Surgery.12.aspx
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: JED is an employee of Alcon. MF is consultant to Aerie, Alcon, Allergan, and B + L.
7. Ravikumar A, Benoit JS, Morrison KB. Repeatability of Monocular Acuity Testing in Adults with and without Down Syndrome. Optom Vis Sci 2018;95:202–11.https://journals.lww.com/optvissci/Abstract/2018/03000/Repeatability_of_Monocular_Acuity_Testing_in.6.aspx
Funding/Support: National Institutes of Health EY024590 and P30EY007551.
8. Roberts TL, Manny RE, Benoit JS, et al. Impact of Cognitive Demand during Sustained Near Tasks in Children and Adults. Optom Vis Sci 2018;95:223–33.https://journals.lww.com/optvissci/Abstract/2018/03000/Impact_of_Cognitive_Demand_during_Sustained_Near.8.aspx
Funding/Support: National Eye Institute K23-EY022357 (TLR) and P30-EY007551.
9. Corveleyn X, Lenoble Q, Szaffarczyk S, et al. What Is the Nature of the Reach and Grasp Deficit in Wet Age-related Macular Degeneration? Optom Vis Sci 2018;95:171–82.https://journals.lww.com/optvissci/Abstract/2018/03000/What_Is_the_Nature_of_the_Reach_and_Grasp_Deficit.3.aspx
Funding/Support: Société française du glaucome SFG 2015 (XC).