Open Manuscript Review
Posting information on published manuscripts allows you to read the peer reviews, examine how manuscripts are revised based on them, and understand the contribution of the editorial office. The originally submitted manuscript is posted; you may compare it with the published article.
Click the links below to see the materials for each manuscript.
The most current articles presented as open manuscript review:
1) Chase, J. D. & Conn, V. S. (2013). Meta-Analysis of Fitness Outcomes From Motivational Physical Activity Interventions. Nursing Research, 62, 294-304.
The Manuscript | Reviews & Checklist | Author Responses | Acceptance Letter
2) Talley, K. M. C., Wyman, J. F., Bronas, U. G., Olson-Kellogg, B. J., McCarthy, T. C., & Zhao, H. (2014). Factors Associated With Toileting Disability in Older Adults Without Dementia Living in Residential Care Facilities. Nursing Research, 63, 94-104.
The Manuscript | Reviews | Author Responses | Acceptance Letter
3) Bosak, K & Martin, L. (2014). Neuroimaging of goal-directed behavior in midlife women. Nursing Research, 63, 388-396.
The Manuscript | Reviews & Checklist | Author Responses | Acceptance Ltr | Author Responses
4) Park, J., Knafl, G., Thoyre, S., & Brandon, D. (2015). Factors associated with feeding progression in extremely preterm infants. Nursing Research, 64.
The Manuscript Reviews & Editor Comments Author Responses Final Queries & Responses
5) Stoddard, S. A., Varela, J. J., & Zimmerman, M. A. (2015). Future expectations, attitude towards violence, and bullying perpetration during early adolescence: A mediation evaluation. Nursing Research, 64, 422-433.
The Manuscript Reviews & Editor Comments Author Responses Final Queries & Author Responses
This manuscript and peer reviews are posted because the published article was the subject of a letter-to-the-editor. The letter and the author's response are posted here. The issues raised in the letters can be tracked through the peer-review process here. In addition, the article was the topic of blog posts here http://nursingresearchblog.com/.
Original Manuscript | First Reviews | Responses to First Reviews | Revised Manuscript | Second Reviews | Responses to Second Reviews | Second Revised Manuscript