INSTRUCTIONS How oral medications affect wound healing
- To take the test online, go to our secure website at www.nursingcenter.com/ce/nursing. View instructions for taking the test online there.
- If you prefer to submit your test by mail, record your answers in the test answer section of the CE enrollment form on page 41. You may make copies of the form. Each question has only one correct answer. There is no minimum passing score required.
- Complete the registration information and course evaluation. Mail the completed form and registration fee of $12.95 to: Lippincott Professional Development, 74 Brick Blvd., Bldg. 4, Suite 206, Brick, NJ 08723. We will mail your certificate in 4 to 6 weeks. For faster service, include a fax number and we will fax your certificate within 2 business days of receiving your enrollment form.
- You will receive your CE certificate of earned contact hours and an answer key to review your results.
- Registration deadline is March 6, 2020.
DISCOUNTS and CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Send two or more tests in any nursing journal published by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins together by mail, and deduct $0.95 from the price of each test.
- We also offer CE accounts for hospitals and other healthcare facilities on nursingcenter.com. Call 1-800-787-8985 for details.
Lippincott Professional Development will award 1.0 contact hour for this continuing nursing education activity.
Lippincott Professional Development is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Lippincott Professional Development is also an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the District of Columbia, Georgia, and Florida CE Broker #50-1223. This activity is also provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 11749 for 1.0 contact hour.
How oral medications affect wound healing
PURPOSE: To provide information about oral medications that facilitate or impede wound healing. LEARNING OBJECTIVES/OUTCOMES: After completing this continuing-education activity, you should be able to: 1. Recognize oral drugs that enhance wound healing. 2. Identify oral drugs that interfere with wound healing.
- One of the four major anabolic hormones that potentially impacts wound healing is
- A significant complication of HGH is
- decreased metabolic rate.
- Which statement about somatomedin C is correct?
- It's similar in its physiologic effects to cortisol.
- It's recognized as an inhibitor of wound healing.
- Its anabolic activity is directly related to HGH.
- Which statement about IGF-1 is correct?
- It's available in oral form.
- It has a long half-life.
- It causes fewer adverse reactions than HGH.
- Clinical trials of insulin in patients with burns have shown
- significant improvements in wound healing.
- stimulation of protein synthesis.
- decreased net nitrogen uptake.
- Testosterone's anabolic properties include
- decreased muscle size.
- decreased muscle strength.
- increased skin thickness.
- The only FDA-approved oral anabolic steroid for restoration of lost body weight is
- The prescribing information for oxandrolone contains a boxed warning for
- breast cancer in women.
- peliosis hepatis.
- Studies of oxandrolone conducted at Veterans Affairs spinal cord units found
- no evidence of improved wound healing.
- improved wound healing compared with the usual standard of care.
- a benefit for keeping healed wounds closed.
- Actions of cilostazol include
- increased platelet aggregation.
- enhanced vasoconstriction.
- phosphodiesterase inhibition.
- Which statement about megestrol is accurate?
- It's a synthetic delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol.
- It improves appetite in people with HIV/AIDS.
- It promotes reepithelialization.
- Dronabinol is a(n)
- synthetic delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol.
- antipsychotic agent.
- antihistaminic agent.
- MHT has been associated with
- breast cancer.
- paranoid reactions.
- Pentoxifylline affects wound healing by
- enhancing leukocyte function.
- stimulating inflammatory mediator release.
- improving microcirculation.
- Which statement about NSAIDs is correct?
- They should be used with caution because of delayed healing.
- They promote healing by stimulating prostaglandin E2.
- They enhance angiogenesis.
- Which of the following can inhibit wound healing?
- Corticosteroids impact wound healing by
- decreasing wound tensile strength.
- stimulating collagen production.
- enhancing fibroblast function.
- What's the first step in wound healing?