1. Babbitt D. Hammer throw
. In: The Complete Book of Throws. Silvester J, ed. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics: 131–158, 2003.
2. Badura M. Biomechanical analysis of the discus at the 2009 IAAF world championships in athletics. New Stud Athletics 25: 23–35, 2010.
3. Dapena J. A kinematic study of center of mass motions in the hammer throw
. J Biomech 19: 147–158, 1986.
4. Dapena J, Feltner M. Influence of the direction of the cable force and of the radius of the hammer
path on speed fluctuations during hammer
throwing. J Biomech 22: 565–575, 1989.
5. Drinkwater E, Pritchett E, Behm D. Effects of instability and resistance on unintentional squat-lifting kinetics. Int J Sports Physiol Perform 2: 400–413, 2007.
6. Gutierrez M, Soto VM, Rojas FJ. A biomechanical analysis of the individual techniques of the hammer throw
finalists in the Seville athletics world championships. New Stud Athletics 17: 15–26, 2002.
7. Hasegawa I. Using the overhead squat for core
development. NSCA Perform Train J 3: 19–21, 2004.
8. Hibbs A, Thompson K, French D, Wrigley A, Spears I. Optimizing performance by improving core stability
strength. Sports Med 38: 995–1008, 2008.
9. Isele R, Nixdorf E. Biomechanical analysis of the hammer throw
at the 2009 IAAF world championships in athletics. New Stud Athletics 25: 37–60, 2010.
10. Judge L, Bellar D, McAtee G, Judge M. Predictors of personal best performances in the hammer throw
for U.S. collegiate throwers. Int J Perform Anal Sports 10: 54–65, 2010.
11. Luhtanen P, Blomqvist M, Vanttinen Y. A comparison of two elite shot putters using the rotational shot put technique. New Stud Athletics 12: 25–33, 1997.
12. Maheras A. Reassessing velocity generation in hammer
throwing. New Stud Athletics 24: 71–80, 2009.
13. McGill K. Hammer
. Track Field Q Rev 89: 27–47, 1989.
14. McGill S. Core
training: Evidence translating to better performance and injury prevention. Strength Cond J 32: 33–46, 2010.
15. Morriss C, Bartlett R, Fowler N. Biomechanical analysis of the men's javelin throw at the 1995 world championships in athletics. New Stud Atheltics 12: 31–41, 1997.
16. Murofushi K, Sakurai S, Umegaki K, Kobayashi K. Development of a system to measure radius of curvature and speed of hammer
head during turns in hammer throw
. Int J Sport Health Sci 3: 116–128, 2005.
17. Murofushi K, Sakurai K, Umegaki K, Takamatsu J. Hammer
acceleration due to thrower and hammer
movement patterns. Sports Biomech 6: 301–314, 2007.
18. Ohta K, Umegaki K, Murofushi K, Komine A, Miyaji C. Dynamics-based force sensor using accelerometers-application of hammer throw
training aid. In: Proceedings of 7th ISEA Conference, Biarritz, France, June 2–6, 2008, 1: 207–213, 2008.
19. Ohta K, Umegaki K, Murofushi K, Komine A, Sakurai S. Training aid system for hammer throw
based on accelerometry. XXII Congress of the International Society of Biomechanics, Cape Town, South Africa, July 5–9, 2009.
20. Ohta K, Umegaki K, Murofushi K, Luo Z. Analysis of hammer
movement based on a parametrically excited pendulum model. Proced Eng 2: 3197–3203, 2010.
21. Sheppard, Triplett N. Exercise order. In: Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning. Haff G, Triplett N, ed. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, 448–450, 2016.
22. Sheppard J, Triplett N. Rest periods. In: Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning. Haff G, Triplett N, ed. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, 465–466, 2016.
23. Willardson J. Core stability
training applications to sports conditioning programs. J Strength Cond Res 21: 979–985, 2007.
24. Willardson J, Fontana F, Bressel E. Effect of surface stability
muscle activity for dynamic resistance exercises. Int J Sports Physiol Perform 4: 97–109, 2009.