The American Academy of Neurology (AAN) is the world’s largest professional association of neurologists and neuroscience professionals. Founded in 1948, the AAN represents more than 36,000 members and is dedicated to promoting the highest quality patient-centered neurologic care and enhancing member career satisfaction. The AAN’s vision is to be indispensable to its members by:
- Supporting members across their professional lifetime
- Educating members to foster high-quality clinical care and science
- Advocating for members and their patients
- Supporting and promoting member involvement in neurologic research
- Maximizing organizational effectiveness to meet member needs
A neurologist is a doctor with specialized training in diagnosing, treating and managing disorders of the brain and nervous system such as Alzheimer’s disease, stroke, migraine, multiple sclerosis, concussion, Parkinson’s disease, and epilepsy.
For more information about the American Academy of Neurology, visit AAN.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn,
Instagram, and YouTube.