Share this article on:

The Editor Responds: Stroke Support

doi: 10.1097/01.NNN.0000453344.09778.14
Departments: Letters

We're very sorry to hear about what you and your mother are going through, Mary. If the senior care home has a social worker on staff, you might consider speaking with that person. A social worker can help family and caregivers cope with the emotions that arise when a loved one is very sick. Also, you might try contacting a local support group—the American Stroke Association website has a support group finder for stroke survivors and family/caregivers here:

© 2014 American Academy of Neurology