Hiring: English Editor (part-time), Maternal-Fetal Medicine
English Editor (part-time), Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM)’s office located in 69 Dongheyan Street, Xicheng District, Beijing 100052, China. MFM is a newly launched international peer-reviewed journal of the Chinese Medical Association (CMA).
To be discussed, please state your expect payment in your application letter.
Purpose of the position
To polish and edit medical manuscripts and academic documents of MFM. Supporting the development and delivery of the journal’s development plan(English writing skills, outreach, impact).
With a direct reporting line for editorial work with the journal’s Managing Director, the post will focus on the following tasks:
1. Checking spelling, grammar and punctuation of medical research articles, especially language polishing
2. Proofreading and contributing to other documents for internal and external communication
3. Providing English writing skills to colleagues to help them better develop scientific English
4. Working with the rest of the editorial team to ensure journal processes are as friendly and efficient as possible
5. Providing contributions to the journal social media accounts
6. Experience giving lectures or presentations at international level
7. High standard of written English required to communicate effectively and professionally with editors and specialists
Qualifications and Experience
1. Bachelor qualification, preferably at postgraduate or doctorate level and/or a medical or biological degree
2. Experience in conducting research in health-related sciences, especially in clinical medicine (e.g. public health, pharmacy, epidemiology, health statistics) (desirable)
3. Native English speaker (Study or research experience abroad)
4. Editorial experience with international medical journals in handling manuscripts (desirable)
Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM), a newly launched international peer-reviewed journal of the Chinese Medical Association(CMA), published quarterly and available in both print and online, aims to publish high quality scientific articles in all areas of Obstetrics and Maternal-Fetal Medicine, to serve as an excellent venue for the latest clinical and research information for maternal and fetal medicine scientists of China and the rest of the world.
MFM delivers both general issues and special issues which feature up-to-date and specialized topics and high impact discoveries by world-renowned experts. It publishes original clinical and translational research, state-of-the-art reviews, commentaries, case studies and case reports, and letters to the editor.
For more information about MFM, please visit its homepage:
Chinese Medical Association Publishing House (CMAPH) is a national publication group mainly operates Chinese Medical Association Serial Journals. Chinese Medical Association (CMA) Serial Journals are the most numerous, influential, and authoritative medical serial journals and are indispensable important information sources for the medical researchers in China. In more than 130 years of practice, CMAPH has been at the forefront of spreading the latest medical knowledge, exchanging the latest scientific research results, guiding the direction of academic development, and promoting the progress of medical science and technology.
For more information about our organization, activities, and advocacy, please visit: http://www.cmaph.org/
How to Apply
For applications or inquiries, please contact editors via email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com before 31st October 2020. Please quote the job title in your email subject and submit a CV in English in your application letter.