Medicine®,one of the most respected and frequently cited journals in general medicine, is a broad spectrum open access journal that publishes manuscripts in over 200 scientific specialties and sub-specialties. Since becoming an open access journal in 2014, Medicine® has published over 5,000 manuscripts for the global scientific community. Academic Editors are more than reviewers and are essential in continuing to publish the latest research and clinical developments in medicine and health sciences.
Medicine® has an Impact Factor of 2.133 as reported in the 2016 ISI Journal Citation Reports and is also indexed in:
Medicus, MEDLINE, PubMed, PubMed Central, Europe PMC, Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) and Ovid®.
As an Academic Editor you will be responsible for:
- assessing a manuscript's overall appropriateness for
- supervising peer review and adjudication of manuscripts,
- determining if additional review is necessary,
- being prompt in response to invitations and,
- recruiting further Academic Editors where submission volume is high.
Academic Editors are acknowledged for their work on the Journal website but there is no financial remuneration. For more information on Medicine® and Open Access, please view About Medicine®.
Medicine® publishes in a broad spectrum of subject areas:
- Complementary and alternative medicine
- Critical care and emergency medicine
- Gastroenterology and hepatology
- Infectious diseases
- Mental health
- Metabolic disorders
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- Oral medicine
- Public Health
- Sports and exercise medicine
For more information on
Medicine® and Open Access please email Publisher, Thomas Pacific at