TO EARN TWO MCE CREDITS:
- Read the article on pages 51–57.
- Complete the examination.
- Submit your completed examination to the Academy per the directions on the next page.
The following questions require short answers only; you do not have to use complete sentences. All questions refer to the article, Real World Walking Performance of Individuals with Lower-Limb Amputation Classified as Medicare Functional Classification Level 2 and 3, Elisa S. Arch, PhD et al.
Please allow two to four weeks for processing.
Quiz—Real World Walking Performance of Individuals with Lower-Limb Amputation Classified as Medicare Functional Classification Level 2 and 3, Elisa S. Arch, PhD et al.
- (True or False) ______________ After much research and performance analysis, it has become quite clear how results from clinical evaluations reflect real-world walking performance.
- [Select the correct response] What is considered the sixth vital sign when assessing the status of any patient?
- Walking function
- Gait dynamics
- Walking speed
- Gait performance
- Walking endurance
- [Select the correct response] What is one significant real-world walking performance parameter?
- Step count
- Step length
- Step accuracy
- Step function
- (True or False) _______________ Real-world walking performance can be quantified using accelerometer-based activity monitors.
- (True or False) ______________ It was stated that differentiating between 2 and K3 prosthetic component functional levels is often difficult and challenging.
- (True or False) ________________ During the 10MWT, participants were allowed rest breaks whenever they were needed, but the time taken by the rest breaks counted toward the 6 minutes.
- [Select the correct response] Data from a total of _____________ participants were analyzed in this study.
- (True or False) _____________ Individuals classified as K2 were significantly younger than those classified as K3.
- (True or False) _______________ Individuals classified as K2 spent more time in low-intensity activity and less time in high intensity activity than individuals classified as K3.
- (True or False) ________________ The 10MWT and step counts were the only measure evaluated in this study that had been previously related to K-levels.
- [Select the correct response] A total of _______________ participants appeared to be misclassified.
- (True or False) ________________ Third-party payers are pushing vigorously to have objective data provided to justify an individual's K-level.
Complete the JPO Self-Assessment Examination on the previous page and score a minimum of 80 percent to earn two MCE credits. Send the completed examination and payment in U.S. currency ($20 for Academy members, $50 nonmembers) to: American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists, 1331 H Street NW, Suite 501, Washington, DC 20005. The examination must be received by the Academy within three years of the publication date for credit to be awarded.
Name: __________________________________________________ email: _______________________________________
Credentials: ______________________________________________ Certification # _________________________________
City/State/Zip: ____________________________________________ Phone ________________________________________