Quiz – Evaluation of Mobility in Persons with Limb Loss Using the Amputee Mobility Predictor and the Prosthesis Evaluation Questionnaire Mobility Subscale: A 6-Month Retrospective Chart Review, Brian Kaluf, BSE,CP
- (True or False) ____________ The article concludes that standardized outcome measures are poorly understood and not consistently adopted in prosthetic clinics.
- (True or False) ____________ The K-level system stands for Medicare Fundamental Classification Level (MFCL).
- (True or False) ____________ Patient self-report was shown to be less reliable than standardized outcome measures.
- [Select the correct response.] The MDC reported for the AP is ____________ and the MDC for the PEQ-MS is ____________.
[Select the correct response.] It was hypothesized that mean AMPPRO and PEQ-MS scores _____________ differ significantly between transtibial and transfemoral amputation levels and across K-levels.
- A. 3.9 ... 0.6
- B. 4.3 ... 0.5
- C. 3.4 ... 0.8
(True or False) _____________ Outcome measure scores were recorded in slightly less than half of the patient charts reviewed.
(True or False) _____________ The number of K3 patients was much higher than any other K-level in the study and transtibial amputation level was more frequent than transfemoral among all K-levels.
[Select the correct response.] _____________ patients were the most prevalent, composing 75% of all patients.
(True or False) _____________ There were no K4 patients during the period reviewed.
[Select the correct response.] _____________ amputation level was three times __________ frequent than _____________ amputation level in the charts reviewed.
- A. would
- B. would not
- C. could
- D. may
[Select the correct response.] The CHAMP was developed to ______________.
- A. Transfemoral ... less ... transtibial
- B. Transtibial ... more ... transfemoral
- C. Transfemoral ... more ... transtibial
- D. Transtibial ... less ... transfemoral
(True or False) _____________A limitation of this study was the small sample sizes of transfemoral versus transtibial amputation level patients, as well as the high frequency of K3 patients.
- A. help accommodate lower-functioning patients
- B. more clearly determine differences between lower- and higher-functioning patients
- C. address patients with higher mobility and higher functioning exclusively
Complete the JPO Self-Assessment Examination on the previous page and score a minimum of 80 percent to earn two MCE credits. Send the completed examination and payment in U.S. currency ($20 for Academy members, $50 nonmembers) to: American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists, 1331 H Street NW, Suite 501, Washington, DC 20005. The examination must be received by the Academy within three years of the publication date for credit to be awarded.
Name:__________________________________________________ email: ________________________________________
Credentials:______________________________________________ Certification #__________________________________
City/State/Zip:____________________________________________ Phone ________________________________________