TO EARN TWO MCE CREDITS:
- Read the article on pages 145–151.
- Complete the examination.
- Submit your completed examination to the Academy per the directions on the next page.
The following questions require short answers only; you do not have to use complete sentences. All questions refer to the article, What People Want in a Prosthetic Foot: A Focus Group Study, Donald J. Fogelberg, PhD, OTR/L, et al.
Please allow two to four weeks for processing.
Quiz—What People Want in a Prosthetic Foot: A Focus Group Study, Donald J. Fogelberg, PhD, OTR/L, et al.
- [Select the correct response] Which of the following was the most frequently represented impairment concept after LLA that could be cross-linked to the International Classification of Functioning (ICF)?
- [True or False] _________________ The many published accounts focusing on subjective experiences of using prosthetic feet provide additional information useful to practitioners.
- [Select the correct response] To participate in the study, what K-level did participants need to have?
- 1, 2, or 3
- 2, 3, or 4
- 3, 4, or 5
- 4, 5, or 6
- [True or False] _________________ Fluency in the English language was not a prerequisite for the study.
- [Select the correct response] What types of coding were used in the data analysis?
- Analytical coding… focused coding
- Open coding… closed coding
- Specific coding… general coding
- Open coding… focused coding
- Targeted coding… nontargeted coding
- [True or False] ________________ There were about twice as many prosthetic foot users as health care professionals enrolled in the study.
- [Select the correct response] How many participants reported that they did not know the type of foot prosthesis they used?
- [True or False] _______________ Fear of falling was very prevalent among the focus group participants.
- [Select the correct response] Which of the following statements is true?
- Professionals reported tripping during the swing phase of gait.
- The occurrence of falls was often attributed to tripping incidents.
- Curbs, uneven ground, sidewalk cracks, and even pets were listed as obstacles directly responsible for tripping incidents.
- All of the above
- None of the above
- [True or False] _________________ A special “water foot” was even available for kayaking enthusiasts.
- [True or False] _______________ Many users had a second prosthesis to accommodate participation in another activity, such as showering or doing a sport.
- [Select the correct response] What was the desired longevity period of a prosthetic foot?
- At least 6 months
- At least 1 year
- At least 18 months
- At least 2 years
- At least 3 years
Complete the JPO Self-Assessment Examination on the previous page and score a minimum of 80 percent to earn two MCE credits. Send the completed examination and payment in U.S. currency ($20 for Academy members, $50 nonmembers) to: American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists, 1331 H Street NW, Suite 501, Washington, DC 20005. The examination must be received by the Academy within three years of the publication date for credit to be awarded.
Name: __________________________________________________ email: _______________________________________
Credentials: ______________________________________________ Certification # _________________________________
City/State/Zip: ____________________________________________ Phone ________________________________________