JPO SELF-ASSESSMENT EXAMINATION
Quiz—Functional and Psychosocial Status of Haitians Who Became Users of Lower-Limb Prostheses as a Result of the 2010 Earthquake
- (True or False) ____________ Prior to the 2010 Haiti earthquake, there were only two public providers of prosthetic and orthotic devices and related rehabilitation services in or near the capital.
- (True or False) ____________ There proved to be several disadvantages to the intensive and immediate response to this catastrophe.
- [Select the correct response.] It was reported that within six months of the earthquake, approximately _____________ patients received limbs from various providers.
- (True or False) ____________ A multidisciplinary team approach is fundamental to positive outcomes in physical capabilities and psychosocial adjustment of individuals.
- [Select the correct response.] ____________ following lower-limb amputation is one of the primary goals of rehabilitation.
- Masterful agility
- Intentional dexterity
- Functional mobility
- Purposeful functionality
- [Select the correct response.] In order to facilitate the overall interview process, several procedures were implemented primarily to _____________________.
- minimize inconsistencies in the collection of data
- streamline the interview process
- facilitate the screening process
- maximize the efforts of the limited personnel
- [Select the correct response.] Which of the following is not a domain of TAPES?
- psychosocial adjustment
- activity augmentation
- activity restriction
- (True or False) _____________ Concerning this study, the average time that participants had their current prosthesis was between eighteen (18) and twenty-four (24) months.
- [Select the correct response.] The areas of greatest dissatisfaction regarding the prosthesis were _______________.
- texture and flexibility
- durability and weight
- color and durability
- weight and color
- [Select the correct response.] Which type of prosthetic users experienced more difficulties adjusting to prosthetic use in functional aspects of their daily lives?
- transtibial prosthetic users
- transfemoral prosthetic users
- (True or False) ____________ Both transfemoral and transtibial prosthetic users experienced the same challenges in social adjustment.
- [Select the correct response.] Concerning prosthetic fitting, the average wait time for the study sample was ___________ months, as opposed to an average of ___________ months in countries with more resources.
- 10…3 – 6
- 6…1 – 2
- 18…10 – 12
- 12…6 – 8
Complete the JPO Self-Assessment Examination on the previous page and score a minimum of 80 percent to earn two MCE credits. Send the completed examination and payment in U.S. currency ($20 for Academy members, $50 nonmembers) to: American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists, 1331 H Street NW, Suite 501, Washington, DC 20005. The examination must be received by the Academy within three years of the publication date for credit to be awarded.
Name:__________________________________________________ email: ________________________________________
Credentials:______________________________________________ Certification #__________________________________
City/State/Zip:____________________________________________ Phone ________________________________________© 2014 by the American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists.