TO EARN TWO PCE CREDITS:
- Read the article on pages 2-11.
- Complete the examination.
- Submit your completed examination to the AAOP per the directions on the next page.
The following questions require short answers only; you do not have to use complete sentences. All questions refer to the article, “Categorization of Activities of Daily Living of Lower Limb Amputees During Short-Term Use of a Portable Kinetic Recording System: A Preliminary Study” by Laurent Frossard, PhD, et al.
Please Allow 2-4 weeks for processing.
Quiz - Categorization of Activities of Daily Living of Lower Limb Amputees During Short-Term Use of a Portable Kinetic Recording System: A Preliminary Study, Laurent Frossard, PhD, et al.
1. True or false __________It was determined that pedometers are accurate to detect distinct gait cycles, and they provide a complete description of the level of intensity and type of activities, particularly the ones that are not derived from steps.
2. [Select the correct response.] Studies focusing on other populations completed analysis of the raw data by implementing a(n) __________recognizing typical patterns of certain ADL, such as lying, sitting, standing, level and incline walking and ascending and descending stairs.
3. [Select the correct response.] The analyses conducted have the potential to render a more comprehensive and realistic insight into the actual functional outcome, provided that the population involved __________.
A. Presents tremendous variability of kinematic patterns
B. Presents small variability of kinematic patterns
C. Presents moderate variability of kinematic patterns
4. [Select the correct response.] The purpose of this preliminary study was to determine the relevance of the categorization of the __________.
A. Load regime data
B. Raw load data
C. Kinematic pattern data
5. True or false __________During the procedure, the prosthetic leg was worn approximately 30 minutes before recording to ensure subject confidence and comfort.
6. [Select the correct response.] Which of the following categories of activities was not used for load?
A. Localized locomotion
B. Stationary loading
C. Reverse loading
D. Directional locomotion
7. True or false __________Approximately half of the total impulse of the resultant force was due to directional locomotion.
8. [Select the correct response.] The overall cadence was__________ strides/minute, but the more meaningful cadence during directional locomotion was __________strides/minute.
9. True or false __________Localized locomotion is considered more of an in-between activity, which is difficult to validate.
10. [Select the correct response.] This article highlighted the __________of achieving appropriate assessment of the true functional output and usage of the prosthesis with typical resources available in clinical settings.
11. [Select the correct response.] From a(n) __________point of view, this study corresponded to a(n) __________study.
A. Scatological…. empirical
12. True or false __________The proposed categorization can be done regardless of the attachment, providing that the transducer can be mounted within the prosthesis above or below the knee.
Complete the JPO self-assessment examination on the previous page and score a minimum of 75% to earn two PCE credits. Send the completed examination and payment in U.S. currency ($20/AAOP members, $50 nonmembers) to: AAOP, 1331 H Street, NW, Suite 501, Washington, DC 20005. The examination must be received by the AAOP within 3 years of the publication date for credit to be awarded.
Name ________________ E-mail: ________________
Credentials ________________ Certification # ________________
City/State/Zip _____________ Phone ______________