TO EARN TWO PCE CREDITS:
- Read the article on pages 95-99.
- Complete the examination.
- Submit your completed examination to the AAOP per the directions on the next page.
The following questions require short answers only; you do not have to use complete sentences. All questions refer to the article “Roentgen Stereophotogrammetric Analysis of Motion between the Bone and the Socket in a Transtibial Amputation Prosthesis: A Case Study” by Bengt Söderberg, Leif Ryd and Björn M. Persson.
Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing.
1. Roentgen Stereophotogrammetry (RSA) studies: __ __________ __________
2. True or False?
To optimize the function of a prosthesis for a lower limb amputee, the attachment of the prosthesis to the residual limb is of critical importance.
3. The position of bone versus socket should:
a. change greatly between swing-phase and stance
b. not change between swing-phase and stance
c. not change much between swing-phase and stance
4. Soft interfaces or liners were developed to:
a. protect the skin in spite of a tight fit and high loads during activities
b. improve suspension
c. both a and b
5. The development of Osseous integration attachment uses a ___ ________in the distal end of the transected femur.
6. Total motion depends on:
7. To guarantee accuracy during an RSA exam:
a. the minimal number of markers are used
b. twice the minimal number of markers are used
c. three times the mimimal number of markers are used
8. Vertical motion depends on:
a. the suspension
b. the socket fit
c. the length of the stump
9. True or False?
The exposure characteristics during RSA are set so that a mimimum of radiation is absorbed.
10. Shifting of body center of mass in the horizontal plane of a patient influences the sensitive measurement of motions of the ______.
Complete the JPO Self-Assessment Examination on the previous page and score a minimum of 75 percent to earn two PCE credits. Send the completed examination and payment in U.S. currency ($20/AAOP members, $40/nonmembers) to: AAOP, Dept. 937, Alexandria, VA 22334-0937. The examination must be received by the AAOP within 3 years of the publication date for credit to be awarded.
Credentials_______ Certification #_