PROSTHETIC & ORTHOTIC SCIENCE
JPO Self-Assessment Examination
TO EARN TWO PCE CREDITS:
- Read the article on pages 2–10.
- Complete the examination.
- Submit your completed examination to the AAOP per the directions on the next page.
The following questions require short answers only; you do not have to use complete sentences. All questions refer to the article “Kinematic and Kinetic Variations of Below-Knee Amputee Gait" by Hamid Bateni, MSc, CPO, and Sandra J. Olney, PhD.
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Identify the kinetic and kinematic characteristics of the gait of the below knee amputee (BKA).
- Compare the results of this study with the findings of other studies on the BKA and the normal population.
- Describe the importance of evaluating the gait of BKAs, including the kinetic variations of the gait.
- Identify the limitations of the results of this study.
Please allow 2–4 weeks for processing.
Complete the JPO Self-Assessment Examination on the previous page and above and score a minimum of 75 percent to earn two PCE credits. Send the completed examination and payment in U.S. currency ($20/AAOP members, $40/nonmembers) to: AAOP, P.O. Box 18046, Merrifield, VA 22118-0046. The examination must be received by the AAOP within 3 years of the publication date for credit to be awarded.
FIGUREFIGUREFIGURE© 2002 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Inc.