TO EARN TWO PCE CREDITS:
- Read the article on pages 64–67.
- Complete the examination.
- Submit your completed examination to the AAOP per the directions on the next page.
The following questions require short answers only; you do not have to use complete sentences. All questions refer to the article “What Determines the Vertical Displacement of the Body During Normal Walking?” by Steven A. Gard, PhD, and Dudley S. Childress, PhD.
After reading this article, you should be able to describe:
- The six determinants of gait, pelvic obliquity, and stance-phase knee flexion.
- The role of walking speed.
- The range of centimeters in walking speeds and how they affect vertical excursion.
- The rocker-based inverted pendulum model of walking.
Complete the JPO Self-Assessment Examination on the previous page and above and score a minimum of 75 percent to earn two PCE credits. Send the completed examination and payment in U.S. currency ($20/AAOP members, $40/nonmembers) to: AAOP, P.O. Box 18046, Merrifield, VA 22118-0046. The examination must be received by the AAOP within 3 years of the publication date for credit to be awarded.