Prosthetics And Orthotics Science
JPO Self-Assessment Examination
TO EARN TWO PCE CREDITS:
- Read the article on pages 4–7.
- Complete the examination.
- Submit your completed examination to the AAOP per the directions on the next page.
The following questions require short answers only; you do not have to use complete sentences. All questions refer to the article “The Repeatability of Total Contact Cast Applications: Implications for Clinical Trials” by Heather D. Hartsell, PhD, PT, Chris Fellner, BS, Rita Frantz, PhD, RN, and Charles L. Saltzman, MD.
By the end of this article, you should be able to:
- Describe the kinds of forces that are reduced when using the total contact cast (TCC) over a running shoe (RS).
- Explain why it is important to use the same technician and a standardized method of developing each TCC for a specific patient.
- Evaluate the data showing the effectiveness of the TCC versus the RS.
Each one of the 10 questions is worth 10 points.
Complete the JPO Self-Assessment Examination on the previous page and above and score a minimum of 75 percent to earn two PCE credits. Send the completed examination and payment in U.S. currency ($15/AAOP members, $20/nonmembers) to: AAOP, P.O. Box 18046, Merrifield, VA 22118-0046. The examination must be received by the AAOP within 3 years of the publication date for credit to be awarded.
FIGURE© 2001 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Inc.