The Journal of Perinatal & Neonatal Nursing (JPNN) provides nurses caring for perinatal and neonatal patients and their families with evidence-based information that is cutting-edge and relevant to clinical practice. We publish manuscripts that have strong clinical implications for perinatal and neonatal practice. These manuscripts are focused on a central theme for each issue, with one issue a year dedicated to various selected topics.
2024 Topics include:
- Nutrition in Perinatal and Neonatal Patients
- Workforce Issues affecting Perinatal and Neonatal Nursing
- Behavioral and Substance Abuse Issues in Perinatal and Neonatal Patient
We welcome authors to submit clinically focused, academically sound articles that:
- add new knowledge to the field of perinatal/neonatal nursing,
- challenge and/or confirm existing knowledge or
- provide information that ensures practice is evidence-based and uniformly excellent across the perinatal and neonatal care spectrum.
Papers achieving these goals may be original research, systematic or scoping reviews, state of the science or practice reports, or quality improvement reports. All manuscripts are peer-reviewed. Acceptance or rejection of manuscripts is based on the peer-review process and how well matched the manuscript is with the scope of the journal as assessed by the editor.