The Journal of Trauma Nursing (JTN) is the official journal of the Society of Trauma Nurses (STN). Started in 1995, JTN is an international, peer-reviewed, scientific, bi-monthly journal that supports the STN mission by publishing original articles that advance trauma care across the trauma continuum globally.
To improve trauma care by delivering the highest-quality evidence to trauma teams globally.
To be a global leader in advancing trauma center evidence-based practice.
- To advance trauma knowledge
- To promote trauma center evidence-based practice
- To disseminate generalizable trauma quality improvement initiatives
JTN publishes high-quality papers that make important, novel contributions that have practical application and global relevance. Topics include clinical, trauma center leadership, organization, management, registry, quality improvement, injury prevention, education, outreach, health policy, and system development.
JTN is essential reading for anyone involved in trauma care, from novice to expert, whether a trauma team member, clinician, student, educator, administrator, researcher, or policymaker. JTN spans the continuum of trauma center disciplines, departments, settings, levels, and locations.
Manuscripts Are Evaluated On:
- Topic Relevance: Is the topic pertinent to contemporary trauma care?
- Study Originality: Is the study interesting, innovative, or novel?
- Study Context: Is the study framed with adequate breadth and currency of related literature?
- Knowledge Advancement: Does the study add, extend, or challenge what is currently known?
- Scientific Strength: Are the aim, design, data analysis, and conclusions aligned, reliable, and valid?
- Writing Impact: Does the writing communicate with impact, concisely, with continuity and flow?
JTN is provided for free or nominal cost to institutions in low- and middle-income countries through participation in the HINARI Program developed by the World Health Organization (WHO). More detailed information is available here.
Abstracting and Indexing: CINAHL, EMBASE, INR, JCR, MEDLINE, PUBMED, SCIE, and SCOPUS
Publication & Editorial Staff Contacts
Vice-President, Journal Publishing
Jennifer E. Brogan
Senior Marketing Manager
Product Advertising Sales
Director, Continuing Education & Conferences
Karen E. Innocent, MS, APRN, BC, CRNP, CMSRN Executive
Translation, Rights & Licensing
For Translation approval, License to republish and distribute, or Permission to reuse material in another publication or presentation, please email one of the following:
LWW Business Offices
Two Commerce Square
2001 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Judy N. Mikhail, PhD, MBA, RN
Senior Program Manager
Michigan Trauma Quality Improvement Program
Department of Surgery
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Letters to the editor and all correspondence to:
Judy N. Mikhail, PhD, MBA, RN
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Trauma Nursing
Correspondence regarding the Society of Trauma Nurses:
Society of Trauma Nurses
3493 Lansdowne Drive, Suite 2
Lexington, KY 40517