As an American Nurses Association (ANA) Organizational Affiliate we receive regular announcements that are posted on our website in the ANA News Corner. These are interesting to read and I encourage you to review them periodically.
APSNA Secretary 2016-2018
Monique Jenkins, PhD, MA, RN-BC, FNP-BC
REGISTER for the 27th Annual APSNA Scientific Conference
April 30 - May 3, 2018
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Palm Desert, California, USA
- Encourage your non-member colleagues to register and join using the new member bundle, enjoying a $20 savings.
- Interested in the preconference workshop - Pediatric Surgery Procedures and Radiology Boot Camp? Visit us here.
- Want to visit Sunny Palm Desert, California? Come and join us.
- Share your knowledge and experiences about how you see the many faces of pediatric surgical nursing.
News from the Director of Education:
The first of our web-based education series launched on February 20th as part of Theme II of APSNA's Strategic Plan. If you haven't already done so, please check the webinar out at http://www.apsna.org/?page=EducationWebSeries. You can earn 1 CE for viewing the webinar and completing the post-test and evaluation.
Other upcoming presentations for the web-based educational series include:
Interested in serving as a reviewer or content expert for our Patient and Family Education Sheets? Interested in helping with the development or review of additional webinars? Do you have ideas on ways that APSNA can better meet the educational needs of our members? We would love to have you join our Education Committee. Everyone is encouraged to attend the Education Committee meeting at the Annual Conference. The meeting will be Tuesday, May 1st from 4:30-5:30pm. We hope you join us!
- Neonatal Surgical Conditions
- Bowel Management Principles in Pediatric Patients
- Enteral Feeding Devices
- Trauma in the Pediatric Patient
- Wound Care Management in the Pediatric Patient
- Pediatric Patients with Ostomies
Looking forward to seeing everyone at conference. There are many wonderful presentations and posters- I think this will be the best conference yet!!
Beth Paton, Director of Education
SUMMER SAFETY DAY!
Summer is fast approaching and with that comes a ton of fun! The Trauma SIG would like to highlight some of the ways that our patients and families can prepare for a safe summer. Please help the Trauma SIG celebrate Summer Safety Day this April during the week of the 16th-20th. During this week, hospitals across the country will be holding health fairs that will promote summer safety practices including sun protection, bike safety, car seat safety, distracted driving and water safety among a variety of other topics. If you are interested in participating or getting more information, please email the Trauma SIG chairs Laurie Sands or Suzy Kujawa.
TRAUMA SIG CALL FOR LEADERSHIP!
The Trauma SIG is looking for 1 or 2 highly motivated individuals to transition into becoming the Trauma SIG chairs. Our current chairs Laurie and Suzy can offer support throughout the time of your leadership term. The Trauma SIG meets once monthly for about 30-60 minutes and works on various projects including special education, teaching sheets, articles for JPSN, participation in the annual conference and position statements. A qualified candidate should be motivated, organized and able to communicate effectively via email. Any interested leaders should reach out to Laurie or Suzy for additional insight into the position.
Suzanne Kujawa Smith can be reached at: email@example.com
Laurie Sands can be reached at: LSands@luriechildrens.org
New Member Bundle
- Has your membership expired?
- Register NOW for Conference and Enjoy a $90 saving!
- Encourage your non-member colleagues to register for conference and join using the new member bundle, enjoying a $20 savings.