According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, a “connection” is defined as:
- something that joins or connects two or more things;
- act of connecting two or more things or the state of being connected; and
- a situation in which two or more things have the same cause, origin, goal, and so forth.
APSNA’s mission is to promote excellence in pediatric surgical nursing practice through educational offerings, nursing research, professional collaboration, and peer support. Our goals include providing a networking structure for members to identify and address professional pediatric surgical nursing issues. We want to help you connect with your peers across the country to strengthen your nursing practice.
How can APSNA members connect with pediatric surgery resources and nursing colleagues?
- The Hendren Project
- APSNA Connect—The List-serve: email@example.com
- Clinical mentorship program
- Specialty interest groups
- Annual conference
In the same way that APSNA provides members an opportunity for the sharing of ideas and clinical information, our Board of Directors networks in a similar fashion through participation in Nursing Organizations Alliance, a national network of not-for-profit nursing organizations. Through conferences and email, APSNA’s board members benefit from collaboration with nursing leaders throughout the country.
We all benefit from meeting and sharing with each other. Won’t you join us?
Remember to like us on Facebook, like us on Twitter (@APSNAnurse), and follow us on Instagram(@apsna_2016).
Barbara Bratton, MSN, PNP-BC
APSNA President Elect 2016–2017