2020 Directory of Christian Nursing Schools in North America
Nurses Christian Fellowship is once again honored to offer Journal of Christian Nursing readers and the public a directory of Christian nursing schools. The 2020 Directory of Christian Nursing Schools in North America∗ relays the best in nursing education. These schools approach nursing from a biblical, Christian worldview, incorporating love for Jesus as the foundation for nursing practice with service to others as one would serve Christ. Nursing students discover how God and his Word inform practice and sustain caring. They learn to care holistically for body, mind, and spirit. Students discover the needs of vulnerable populations and how to engage and provide expert nursing care in diverse settings. In these schools, you can find undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate nursing degrees as well as certificates to be a generalist or specialist in nursing.
Nurses sensing God's call to grow professionally and become a nurse educator, a clinical nurse specialist, a nurse practitioner, a nurse midwife, or to obtain certification in multiple specialties can find what they are looking for from these schools on campus and online. All of the schools are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education as well as other accrediting bodies. Educational scholarship opportunities are available from many of the schools. Comprehensive information about each school can be found online at ncf-jcn.org/resources/Christian-nursing-schools, including special program distinctives. Discover global and local healthcare missions, service-learning opportunities, and cross-cultural learning experiences for every school in the online directory.
The possibilities from these nursing schools are endless to become all God is calling you to be as his nurse!
- LVN/LPN: Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse
- ADN: Associate Degree in Nursing
- ASN: Associate of Science in Nursing
- BS, BSN: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Accelerated BSN: Post-bachelor's/second degree BSN
- MSN: Master of Science in Nursing
- MSN/MBA: Master of Science in Nursing/Master of Business Administration
- MSN/MSHA: Master of Science in Nursing/Master of Science in Healthcare Administration
- DNP: Doctor of Nursing Practice
- PhD: Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing
- CAGS: Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies
- APRN: Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- FNP: Family Nurse Practitioner
- CNS: Clinical Nurse Specialist
- SNSC: School Nurse Service Credential
- CBE: Competency Based Education
- DL: Distance Learning
∗Nursing schools have paid a fee to be included in the 2020 Directory of Christian Nursing Schools in North America. Contact [email protected] for information about joining the directory.InterVarsity Christian Fellowship