NEW! POETIC EXPRESSIONS
JCN has something new. See pages 57-58 for the new poetry column. We'd like your feedback and also your poetry about nursing and your nursing experiences. Should your submission be selected for publication, your poem and a brief interview will appear in a future issue of JCN, in print or online. See guidelines for how to submit to JCN's Editorial Manager: http://www.editorialmanager.com/ncf-jcn/default.aspx. We only accept submissions online.
Stay abreast of developments with Nurses Christian Fellowship by signing up for , a monthly eNewsletter delivered to your email inbox. is free and includes encouraging stories and events of interest to Christian nurses. View other ENewsletters available from NCF and sign up at http://ncf-jcn.org/resources/ncf-newsletters.
Nurses Christian Fellowship International (NCFI) announces its Quadrennial International Congress, Healthy Lives in a Broken World: A Christian Response for Nursing, June 6-10, 2016, at the Development Academy of the Philippines, Tagaytay City, south of Manila, Philippines. Learn more at http://ncfi.org/conference/congress-2016/ and view a video preview and images of the conference site.
Meet and fellowship with nurses from all over the world at the NCFI Congress—it's an amazing experience you won't want to miss!
WHO: Nurse Educators, Clinicians, Students, Researchers
WHAT: 5th Biennial Innovations in Faith-Based Nursing Conference
WHEN: June 20-23, 2016
WHERE: Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU) in Marion, Indiana
WHY: Make a personal impact on the nursing profession!
Join others to experience encouragement in a Christian community. Explore Christian foundations in nursing and identify innovative teaching strategies for education and practice. It's all a part of the Innovations in Faith-Based Nursing Conference, sponsored by IWU, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, and Nurses Christian Fellowship!
For information see http://www.indwes.edu/nursing-innovations/, call 888-876-6498, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Church Health Center and International Parish Nurse Resource Center announce the 2016 Westberg Symposium to be held April 7-10, 2016, at the Doubletree Chicago—North Shore Hotel, Skokie, Illinois. Objectives are to:
- Examine resilience in spiritual development.
- Identify how resilience is demonstrated through faith community nursing practice, with or in faith communities.
- Examine the emerging outcome-based research of faith community nursing practice.
- Discuss strategies for faith community nursing that support personal, professional, and organizational resilience.
This year marks the 30th anniversary of the Westberg! Learn more and register at http://www.churchhealthcenter.org/westberg2016
HMA ANNUAL MEETING & CONFERENCE
The Health Ministries Association announces its 2016 HMA Annual Meeting and Conference, September 12-14, 2016, at the Crown Plaza, San Marco Golf Resort, Chandler, Arizona. Room rate is just $99 per night! See more at: http://hmassoc.org/upcoming-conference/#sthash.zgVOfBSJ.dpuf
HMA is the professional membership organization for health ministry, including faith community nurses, health ministers, program leaders, and spiritual leaders, such as chaplains.
Coming soon in JCN
- Teen Depression and Suicide: A Silent Crisis
- The Role of Nursing in the Shifting Landscape of Mental Health
- Transitional Care Models Using Faith Community Nurses
- Faith-Based Service-Learning Opportunities for Schools of Nursing
- Teaching and Practicing Caring in the Classroom
- Employee Spiritual Care: Supporting Those Who Care for Others
- Church Member Support and Psychological Well-Being of Pregnant African American Women
Contact Us: Write to us at email@example.com or submit your comments online via JCN's Editorial Manager: http://www.editorialmanager.com/ncf-jcn/default.aspx. Call 608.846.8560 for assistance.