Department: NCF @ Work
Salt and Light
Interested in being salt and light where you are? Grab your laptop and gather friends for Launch at http://launch.intervarsity.org/—a series of 10 online sessions addressing hard questions about faith in God. Each session includes videos, testimonials, Scripture text, leader's notes, and resources:
- How do I know God loves me?
- How do I make a difference in a messed-up world?
- How do I hear from God?
- How do I learn something from the Bible?
- Why do I need Christian community?
- How do I talk about what God's doing in my life?
- How do I make lifestyle changes and keep my friends?
- Does God have a “calling” for me?
- Am I too broken for God to fix?
- What if I doubt God sometimes?
You'll love Launch —a fresh approach to Bible study from InterVarsity Christian Fellowship.
In NCF, we believe nursing students and nurse educators are called for a purpose. We invite you to think big and be a part of something exciting—God at work on your campus!
NCF groups meet on nearly 100 campuses in the United States exploring how faith is a part of nursing and God's unique mission for them on their campus. Learn more at www.ncf-jcn.org and click on Nursing Students. Find a student chapter along with free resources for starting an NCF group, campus outreach, Bible study, missions, and more.
Support NCF student ministry through prayer and financial gifts. Give at https://donate.intervarsity.org/ to “NCF Student Ministry.”
Connecting Faith and Nursing
Plan now to attend the Innovations in Faith-Based Nursing Conference, June 18–21, 2012, on the campus of Indiana Wesleyan University in Marion, Indiana. This modestly priced conference hosted by IWU, NCF, and Eta Chi chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International, offers a time for connecting with God and other nurses, students, educators, and advanced practitioners. See http://www.indwes.edu/Nursing-Innovations/ for registration and information.
NCF, a division of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship is a campus mission serving students and faculty on college and university campuses since 1877. InterVarsity's vision is to see students and faculty transformed, campuses renewed, and world changers developed. As a strategic ministry of InterVarsity, Nurses Christian Fellowship seeks to engage students and nurses with the good news of Jesus Christ to bring God's love and healing to nursing healthcare. NCF—a ministry and professional organization—supports nursing through chapters on campuses, community nurse groups, resources, and publications including JCN , conferences and events, and promotes local and global healthcare missions. NCF USA is a member of Nurses Christian Fellowship International, a network of 31 national NCF's worldwide. Students and nurses in the United States can find an NCF chapter, group, conference, or join at www.ncf-jcn.org.
- NEW Improved Continuing Education Benefits: Beginning January 1, 2012, NCF members receive a 30% discount on all JCN CE (in print and online) and 25% discount on all other CE online at Lippincott's NursingCenter.com (1100 CE opportunities available!). Learn how to obtain your member discounts at http://http://www.ncf-jcn.org/jcn/lwwce.php.
- JCN Online: NCF members access JCN , including current issues, archives, collections, and more, directly at journalofchristiannursing.com. Information about activating your online account is emailed to members from Lippincott when you join NCF. If you are an NCF member and can't access your JCN online account, contact LWW Member Services at (866) 489–0443 or memberservice@LWW.com with your name and NCF membership number. Watch for future e-mails from memberservice@LWW.com and info@myLWWjournals.com.