EARN CE CREDIT ONLINE Go to http://www.nursingcenter.com/CE/CNJ and receive a certificate within minutes.
Mind, Medications & Mental Disorders: A Spiritual Approach
To take the test online, go to our secure website at http://www.nursingcenter.com/CE/CNJ.
- Read the article on pages 76–83
- Take the test, recording your answers in the test answers section (Section B) of the CE enrollment form. Each question has only one correct answer.
- Complete registration information (Section A) and course evaluation (Section C).
- Mail completed test with registration fee to: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, CE Group, 333 7th Avenue, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
- Within 4–6 weeks after your CE enrollment form is received, you will be notified of your test results.
- If you pass, you will receive a certificate of earned contact hours and answer key. If you fail, you have the option of taking the test again at no additional cost.
- A passing score for this test is 13 correct answers.
- Need CE STAT? Visit www.nursingcenter.com for immediate results, other CE activities and your personalized CE planner tool.
- No Internet access? Call 800-933-6525, ext 6617 or 6621, for other rush service options.
- Questions? Contact Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: 646-674-6617 or 646-674-6621.
Registration Deadline: June 30, 2012
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, publisher of the Journal of Christian Nursing, will award 2.0 contact hours for this continuing nursing education activity.
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
LWW is also an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses #00012278 (CERP category B), California CEP 11749, District of Columbia, Florida #FBN2454, and Iowa #75. Your certificate is valid in all states.
PAYMENT and DISCOUNTS:
- The registration fee for this test is $11.95 for nonmembers; $16.95 for NCF members.
- If you take two or more tests in any nursing journal published by LWW and send in your CE enrollment forms together, you may deduct $0.95 from the price of each test.
- We offer special discounts for as few as six tests and institutional bulk discounts for multiple tests. Call 1-800-787-8985 for more information.
CE Test Questions
To provide the registered professional nurse with an overview of spirituality and mental health, Biblical Framework Counseling (BFC), and psychopharmacotherapy.
After reading this article and taking this test, the nurse will be able to:
- Analyze spirituality in health and mental heath and the use of Biblical Framework Counseling (BFC).
- Describe the use of psychopharmacotherapy for mental disorders.
1. Biblical Framework Counseling (BFC) is based on the belief that the Bible is adequate to treat the root cause of
a. mental disorders no matter what the cause.
b. mental disorders that are not otherwise physiologically caused.
c. mental and medical disorders no matter what the cause.
d. mental and medical disorders that are not otherwise physiologically caused.
2. Which of the following is NOT a side effect of acetylcholine (ACH)?
a. Dry mouth
b. Blurred vision
d. Memory loss
3. Potential points for pharmacological activity at the synapse include all of the following except:
b. receptor binding
4. Which assessment tool that can be used for spiritual assessment?
a. Beliefs assessment tool
b. Spirituality and Culture assessment tool
c. HOPE assessment tool
d. FAITH assessment tool
5. The "E" in the EBQT paradigm, which provides a guide to assessing spiritual care based on four principles, stands for which of the following?
c. essential well-being
6. Which of the following is a spirituality problem recognized by the American Psychiatric Association in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual?
a. Beliefs Problem
b. Religious or Spiritual Problem
c. Religious Coping Problem
d. Faith Problem
7. As noted in this article, religion has been associated with
a. lower cancer rates.
b. lower suicide rates.
c. lower lengths of stays.
d. lower healthcare costs.
8. Which model of care incorporates spirituality as a key component?
a. Body-Mind Model
b. Health and Beliefs Model
c. Self-Reflective Model
d. Recovery Model
9. According to this article, for Christians, choices for psychiatric care may include all of the following except
a. medical care that excludes psychotherapy.
b. medical care with faith-based counseling that excludes psychotherapy.
c. medical care with psychotherapy that incorporates faith-based counseling/practices.
d. psychological counseling or psychotherapy alone or in combination with pharmacotherapy or medical care.
10. Biblical Framework Counseling (BFC) involves treatment by
b. spiritual means.
c. use of insight.
d. use of reassurance.
11. Key elements of BFC include which of the following?
a. the Physical Cause of Mental Disorders
b. the Spiritual Cause of Mental Disorders
c. Material and Immaterial Man
d. Loving Attitudes
12. The BFC counselor gives homework so that the counselee can begin to experience drawing near to God, peace, and
a. loving attitudes.
13. Which of the following is true regarding BFC?
a. It encourages counselees to continue medical care and pharmacological treatment.
b. It encourages counselees to discontinue pharmacological treatment.
c. It encourages counselees to discontinue medical care.
d. It encourages counselees to seek in-patient therapies.
14. Which of the following are the pharmacological agents of choice for schizophrenia?
c. anti-anxiety agents
15. Which type of pharmacological agents are hypothesized to increase norephinephrine and serotonin transmission to improve mood?
c. anti-anxiety agents
d. antipsychotic agents
16. Which of the following is an anti-anxiety agent?
17. From a BFC perspective, pharmacotherapy is considered which of the following types of strategies to the primary goal of addressing the root cause for the mental disorder?
a. a core treatment strategy for the mental disorder
b. a core treatment strategy for the root cause disorder
c. an adjunctive strategy
d. a last-chance strategy
18. With BFC, biblical principles are applied to effect
a. cognitive change.
b. behavior change.
c. faith change.
d. belief changes.