This book is a homage to Prof Juan José López-Ibor, who died on January 12, 2015. It is composed of 14 chapters written by mental health leaders from around the world.
They are as follows:
- I. Dr Norman Sartorius on Meta Effects of Classifying Mental Disorders.
- II. Dr Jorge Alberto Costa e Silva and Dr Ricardo E. Steffen on Recent Advances in the Understanding of Mental Illness: Default Network.
- III. Dr Tomas Ortiz Alonso on Temporal Functional Neuroimaging and Schizophrenia.
- IV. Dr Ahmed Okasha and Dr Tarek Okasha on Transcultural Aspects of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: An Egyptian Perspective.
- V. Dr Hans-Jürgen Moeller on Current Situation and Future Perspectives of Antipsychotics in Schizophrenia.
- VI. Dr María Inéz López-Ibor Alcocer on Everyday Feelings Versus Mood or Anxiety Disorders: The Importance of Psychopathology.
- VII. Dr Gines LLorca on The Body and Corporeality. Psycho-oncology.
- VIII. Dr Otto Doerr-Zegers on Present and Future of López-Ibor Sr.'s Concept of Thymopathy.
- IX. Dr Pedro Rocamora Garcia-Valls on What Is Conscience?
- X. Dr Francisco Collazos Sanchez y Miguel Casas Brugue on Migratory Movements. Transcultural Aspects From Psychiatry.
- XI. Dr R. Srinivasa Murthy on The Stigma of Mental Illnesses. Present Situation and Future Perspectives.
- XII. Dr Pedro Ruiz on The Educational Programs of the World Psychiatric Association.
- XIII. Dr Miguel Roca on Scientific Publications, A Matter of Impact?
- XIV. Dr Juan José López-Ibor Alino's discourse in the Real Academia of Doctors From Spain (December 10, 2014).
Undoubtedly, this book published in recognition of the professional contributions of Dr Juan José López-Ibor Alino during his professional career and at a worldwide level not only paid homage to Dr Juan José López-Ibor Alino, but is also a major contribution to the field of psychiatry and mental health across the world.
Pedro Ruiz, MD
Menninger Department of Psychiatry and
Baylor College of Medicine
The author declares no conflict of interest.