Our beloved Dr Saroj Srivastava left for her heavenly abode on December 23 around 9.40 PM (Eastern Time Zone) in Florida USA, after living a beautiful life and being surrounded by her loved ones. She was born on 5th October 1936 in Indore along with her twin sister Savita. She got married to Dr D. C. Srivastava on 22nd June 1965. She is survived by her two sons Ramit and Vinay and their family. She was very learned and charismatic personality.
HER EDUCATIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
- MBBS and MS OB-GYN from MGM Medical College Indore (1965)
- Diplomate American Board – OBGYN Upstate Medical Center, USA (1971)
- FACOG, Syracuse, NY Now SUNNY
- FICOG, FICMCH
- PGDMLS, Symbiosis Pune
- LLB Lucknow
- NCMP (North American Credentialed Menopause Practitioner)
The passing away of this noble soul is an irreparable loss not only to her family, but also to us in Lucknow to India, to her innumerable patients and to all midlife women for whom she had a vis of good healthcare & quality of life.
HER ACCOMPLISHMENTS - MANY FIRSTS TO HER CREDIT
- Founder chapter secretary of the Lucknow Chapter of Indian Menopause Society – 1st November 1998
- National President of Indian Menopause Society in 2011-12
- Her theme for the year was “Choti didi se badi didi taq”
- Founder chairperson of the Credentialed IMS Menopause Practitioner (CIMP) exam of the Indian Menopause Society.
- Founder member of the Association of Private Gynaecologists of Lucknow (APGL)
- Founder member of Lucknow Nursing Home Association (LNHA)
- President of Lucknow Obstetrics and Gynecology Society (LOGS) 2011-12
She was very bold fearless, an able administrator running a large nursing home and at the same time a self-motivated very competent clinician.
She raised the bar and made gynecology and obstetrics private practice respectable among the public, society, and the medical fraternity.
She was a voracious reader and always keeping abreast of the latest in her field.
She had a large family and was always a phone call away from all of them. All members of her extended family used to land at her nursing home for all their expert medical needs, medicolegal needs and she would be very welcoming to everyone.
HER BRAIN CHILD - MID LIFE HEALTH OF WOMEN
I am fortunate to be chosen by her as founder member of Lucknow Menopause Chapter; travelled & accompanied her in many International, National, & State conferences and part of many of her accomplishments.
She will always live in our hearts and be remembered as learned distinguished doctor for her generosity, hospitality, kindness, and visionary Medicolegal expert above all other things for her affectionate smile
Death leaves heartache no one can heal.
Memories are treasures no one can steal.
Some may forget you, now that you are gone.
But we will remember you, no matter how long.
You will always stay, loved and remembered in every way.
No tears, no verse can ever say how much we miss you every day.
Memories will remain in our hearts forever………………………………….