- Read the article on page 185.
- Take the test. Each question has only one correct answer.
- The test for this CE activity is to be taken online at http://www.NursingCenter.com/CE/JNPD.
- You will need to create a username and password as not cost before taking online online tests. (It’s free!) Your personal planner will keep track of all your Lippincott Williams & Wilkins online CE activities for you.
- If you pass, you will receive a certificate of earned contact hours and answer key. If you fail, you have the option of taking the test again at no additional cost.
- A passing score for this test is 13 correct answers.
- No Internet access? Call 1-800-787-8985 for other rush service options.
- Questions? Contact Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: 1-800-787-8985
Registration Deadline: August 31, 2018
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, publisher of the Journal for Nurses in Staff Development, will award 2.0 contact hours for this continuing nursing education activity.
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This activity is also provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 11749 for 2.0 contact hours. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins is also an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the District of Columbia, Georgia, and Florida #50-1223. Your certificate is valid in all states.
The ANCC’s accreditation status of Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Department of Continuing Education refers only to its continuing nursing educational activities and does not imply Commission on Accreditation approval or endorsement of any commercial product.
The authors and planners have disclosed that they have no financial relationships related to this article.
Payment and Discounts:
- The registration fee for this test is $21.95.
CE TEST QUESTIONS
GENERAL PURPOSE: To provide an overview of learning needs assessments (LNAs), including definitions, categories, measurement tools, and steps to perform an assessment.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES/OUTCOMES: After completing this continuing education activity, you should be able to:
1. Identify the categories of LNAs and the data collection tools used with each category.
2. List the steps involved in an LNA and the benefits of conducting them.
- The primary purpose of the LNA is to assist with and enhance which aspect of educational activities?
- Which of the following is an LNA category?
- analysis of past behaviors
- anticipation of future needs
- assessment of current needs
- The current definition of a gap analysis includes what individuals know as well as whether they
- act on it.
- can communicate it.
- comprehend it.
- Lubejko (2015) recommended assessing gaps in knowledge using
- Which gap analysis tool is commonly used for large groups?
- focus groups
- pre- and posttesting
- In health care, an organizational LNA may include all of the following, except
- consumer needs.
- financial needs.
- job performance needs.
- The best LNA strategy for a training needs analysis is most likely to be
- an advisory group.
- return demonstration.
- observation of performance.
- The “O” in SWOT analysis stands for
- What did Norman (2004) recommend individual learners use to identify learning needs?
- case studies
- Burk (2008) used which term to refer to the anticipation of future educational needs?
- forecasting learning needs
- forward-thinking learning
- proactive education
- The author cites evidence that educators can anticipate increasing use of which learning strategy in the future?
- case studies
- online gamification
- What is the first step in conducting an LNA?
- identify parameters
- identify the purpose
- select the tool
- The second step in conducting an LNA includes examining the
- desired outcomes.
- root causes.
- Which of the following would help establish confidence in the results of a survey?
- answers align with anticipated needs
- similar responses among participants
- adequate return rate
- According to Burk (2008), the results of an analysis should be prioritized based on urgency, safety, and
- adequacy of data.
- required time and resources.
- organizational needs.
- According to Dessinger and Moseley (2003), which type of evaluation is included in a full-scope evaluation process?
- Which full-scope evaluation process measures immediate learning outcomes?
- As described by Warshauer (1988), benefits of a well-developed and implemented LNA include
- encouraging mentorship.
- increasing organization morale.
- providing program and design ideas.