Calls For Manuscripts
Special Topic Issue: Digital Health
Advances in technology constantly change and impact our lives and society. With recent advances in digital health technologies, this is particularly true in healthcare and related research. Digital health is a broad term, which encompasses telehealth, mobile health, and body worn sensors used for remote monitoring. The application and research of digital health technologies has been stimulated by the COVID-19 pandemic as both researchers and providers have adapted to the constraints imposed by the pandemic. This JNPT special topic issue will feature original research on the application of digital health technologies in the assessment and rehabilitation of individuals with neurological health conditions. Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- Development and use of technologies for remote measurement of clinical outcomes
- Development and use of technologies for monitoring of activities and participation in the home and community.
- Telehealth applications.
- Mobile health applications to facilitate behavioral change (e.g. to promote health and wellness).
- Development and use of sensor technologies as a part of clinical tests.
Please note that this is a competitive call for papers. JNPT receives more submissions than can be published and it therefore will not be possible to publish all manuscripts submitted in response to this call. Prospective authors are encouraged to contact the Special Issue Editors: Coralie English ([email protected]
), Joyce Gomes-Osman ([email protected]
) and Nora Fritz ([email protected]
) regarding their submission. First drafts will be due on September 1, 2022, with a target JNPT publication date of early 2023. Accepted manuscripts will be published ahead of print on the journal website as they become available.
JNPT and its web site offers fully searchable archives and:
- Indexed by PubMed
- Shortened time to press with individual articles Published ahead of Print and full issues published to the web site one to two weeks ahead of the mail date
- Access via Ovid Technologies for libraries and other institutions to expand the global reach JNPT, offering an enhanced Web presence in Europe, Asia, and around the world
- Published by Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, a leading international publisher of professional health information resources
Become a Contributor to the Journal of Neurologic Physical Therapy
Instructions for Authors | Submit a Manuscript