Call For Manuscripts
Impact of COVID-19 on Rehabilitation of Individuals with Neurological Health Conditions
Evidence is increasing that in addition to pulmonary complications, the SARS CoV-2 virus, which causes COVID-19, may negatively impact the nervous system as well. For example, there appears to be an increase of thrombotic complications1 in people with COVID-19, which can lead to stroke. A recent case report suggests that younger adults with COVID-19 may be at risk of large vessel stroke.2 Current social distancing guidelines may impact the ability of people with Parkinson disease and others to exercise. Rehabilitation strategies need to be adapted for people with neurological conditions and concomitant COVID-19. These issues and others warrant the production and dissemination of scholarly work to better understand the impact of COVID-19 on the rehabilitation of people with neurological health conditions.
As the official journal of The Academy of Neurologic Physical Therapy of the American Physical Therapy Association, the Journal of Neurological Physical Therapy seeks submission of manuscripts related to the physical therapy and rehabilitation management of patients with neurological disorders with concomitant COVID-19. The journal will accept original research reports, systematic reviews, clinical perspectives and case reports. Manuscripts submitted for this special call will receive fast track peer review. To indicate that your work is for this special call for COVID-19 manuscripts please note the topic in the cover letter. Accepted manuscripts will be published online ahead of print and made publicly available.
1. Klok FA, Kruip M, van der Meer NJM, et al. Incidence of thrombotic complications in critically ill ICU patients with COVID-19. Thromb Res. 2020.
2. Oxley TJ, Mocco J, Majidi S, et al. Large-Vessel Stroke as a Presenting Feature of Covid-19 in the Young. N Engl J Med. 2020.
JNPT and its web site offers fully searchable archives and:
- Indexed by PubMed
- Shortened time to press with individual articles Published ahead of Print and full issues published to the web site one to two weeks ahead of the mail date
- Access via Ovid Technologies for libraries and other institutions to expand the global reach JNPT, offering an enhanced Web presence in Europe, Asia, and around the world
- Published by Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, a leading international publisher of professional health information resources
Become a Contributor to the Journal of Neurologic Physical Therapy
Instructions for Authors | Submit a Manuscript