KEY COVID-19 RESOURCES
World Gastroenterology Organisation (WGO) continues to monitor the rapidly changing situation related to the spread of COVID-19.
Please find resources for our global community of Gastroenterologists, Hepatologists, Endoscopists, related disciplines, and health care workers on the WGO website https://www.worldgastroenterology.org/.
Topics covered in the COVID-19 section of the WGO website include:
- Personal Care and Stress Management.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Virtual Care and Telemedicine for Gastroenterologists.
- Management of Patients with Liver Disease.
- Management of Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).
- General Medical Resources for GI Practitioners Managing Suspected COVID-19 Patients.
- GI and Liver Manifestations of COVID-19.
- Endoscopy Unit Best Practices.
- Resources for Patients.
- Resources from WGO Member Societies, including the Americas, Africa/Middle East, Asia/Pacific, and Europe.
- Additional Global Resources.
In addition we feature 2 Expert Point of View articles:
- “Antibody Testing for SARS-CoV-2: Role in Management of the Disease,” by Drs Kaichun Wu, MD, WGO Councilor At Large, Promotion of Education in Asia-Pacific Region and Desmond Leddin, MD, Chair, WGO Clinical Research Committee.
- “Gastroenterology Practice in COVID-19,” by Drs Lu Xia, MD, PhD, member of WGO e-WGN Editorial Board and Kaichun Wu, MD, WGO Councilor At Large, Promotion of Education in Asia-Pacific Region.
We invite you to share with us any resources or links you wish to have included on our website.
GASTRO 2020 PRAGUE: REGISTRATION AND ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS OPEN!
WGO is pleased to co-host its biyearly international conference, Gastro 2020, with the Czech Society of Gastroenterology (CSG), in Prague, Czech Republic. Gastro 2020, is to be held 3 to 5 December, 2020. More information is available on the Gastro 2020 website: https://www.gastro2020prague.org. This event is also co-organized jointly by the Czech Society of Hepatology, Czech Society of Gastrointestinal Oncology, and Czech Society of Surgery.
WGO and the CSG are pleased to present the Joint Steering Committee and Joint Scientific Program Committee:
As you know, Prague is a city with a unique potential to host such top international events. Gastro 2020 is to be held in a brand-new spacious and multi-functional congress venue. Prague is easily accessible to visitors coming both from nearby and distant destinations, it prides itself a well-organized and efficient city transport system and a sufficient number of hotels of all categories. Last but not least, Prague has the reputation of a most attractive, friendly and safe city for tourists from all over the world. We look forward to welcoming you to Prague for an exciting and interactive meeting.