A 35-year-old man suffered electric injury with 220 V alternating current when he was connecting electric wires at approximately 5 feet height and accidentally touched a live wire. He was diagnosed to have fracture involving superior and inferior endplates of L2 vertebral body without involvement of posterior elements. He, subsequently, underwent spinal stabilization with percutaneous pedicle screws fixation.
Electric shock can cause vertebral fractures even at a low voltage. These fractures tend to have coronal plane involvement and involve both superior and inferior end plates.