Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care accepts manuscript submissions through a
submission service on another website.
Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care has specific
instructions and guidelines for submitting articles. Those instructions and guidelines are readily available on the submission service site.
Please read and review them carefully. Articles that are not submitted in accordance with our instructions and guidelines are more likely to be rejected.
JANAC will require that any submissions coming from clinical trials are registered
before enrollment of the first patient for any manuscripts submitted after
June 1, 2020. Also, any
systematic review submissions must be registered in Prospero (which requires registration
before the study begins) as of January 1, 2021.
As of January 1, 2020, JANAC will be following the latest edition of the APA Publication Manual for formatting and style. All submissions should conform to 7th edition requirements. The significant changes from 6th edition include the following:
- Clinical trials studies are registered in national registries (e.g., clinicaltrials.gov) prior to enrollment of the first patient to ensure ethical compliance.
- Authors are expected to retain and share their data with editors, reviewers, and readers.
- Authors are required to share information on conflicts of interest and study registration and funding information, as well as encouraged to share their ORCIDs.
- Authors are expected to comply with journal article reporting standards (JARS) for quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods studies.
- The singular “they” has been endorsed to provide an inclusive pronoun.
- The 7th edition has a chapter on bias-free language guidelines to help ensure inclusivity and respect in scientific writing.
- Changes in formatting include
- Use one space after a period or other punctuation mark ending a sentence.
- Use quotation marks instead of italics around examples.
- The same rules for numbers now apply to the abstract text.
- As many as
20 authors are now included in the individual entries in the reference list before using an ellipsis. (“et al.” is not used in the reference list.)
- Journal article references should always include the issue number.
- Book references should now omit the publisher’s location (city, state, country).
Clicking on the submission service links on this page will open our manuscript submission service website in a new browser window.
Submit a manuscript
Research Communication Services
Authors interested in increasing awareness of their research through video slides, infographics/visual abstracts, news summaries or a plain-language summary can order these directly through the
Wolters Kluwer author site with Editage. Graphic and written summaries help readers easily digest your research.
Authors can order the service directly:
www.wkauthorservices.editage.com. Visit the website and click on services; on the drop-down menu, select
research communication, which will deliver you to a menu page. Select your preferred service and click on
Get quote now. Receive professional research support and broaden your reading audience.