Benefits to authors and readers
Largest worldwide audience: Published articles will be available worldwide to anyone with Internet access.
Forum for publically funded research:
JAAOS Global Research & Reviews provides a venue for research funded by public funding agencies that require publication in an open access journal. For additional information on funders, please visit:
Rapid and convenient publication of articles: Articles will publish online in PDF and html, as soon as they are ready.
Authors retain copyright: Because JAAOS Global is an
open access journal, authors sign a License to Publish agreement and retain copyright for their articles.
Ease of Submission: Authors will use the familiar
manuscript-submission system currently used by all AAOS journals.
Author support from submission to acceptance: Our staff is always accessible by email (contact Kyle Overturf, Managing Editor, at
email@example.com) during business hours (Monday through Friday Eastern Time) to provide you with:
- Swift responses to all manuscript-related inquiries
- Pre-submission guidance on preparing your manuscript
- Clarification and help meeting submission requirements
- Assistance uploading files to our user-friendly manuscript-submission system
- Assistance with disclosure on the Academy site and copyright/permission issues and CONSORT/trial-registration policies
- Liaison with Editors and Deputy Editors
Assurance of quality: All papers will be subjected to a
rigorous, double-blinded peer review. At
JAAOS Global, this means reviews by:
- Two outside experts in the article's subspecialty area
- A Deputy Editor with expertise in the subspecialty
- Jeffrey S. Fischgrund, MD, Editor-in-Chief of JAAOS Global Research & Reviews.
A proportion of
JAAOS Global Research & Reviews submissions are rejected by the Editor-in-Chief without being sent for additional external review, a policy that provides authors with a quick decision so they can submit the article to another publication.