Table of Contents February 2015 Issue
Abstracts or summaries of online content are printed in every issue of Obstetrics & Gynecology in this section. The complete documents can be found on our web site, www.greenjournal.org. The specific URL for the content in this section is printed at the end of the abstract or summary.
What’s New Online February 2015
- ○ Journal Club questionnaires accompany the articles by Kwon et al (“Costs and Benefits of Opportunistic Salpingectomy as an Ovarian Cancer Prevention Strategy”; p. 338) and Gordon et al (“Sleep Position, Fetal Growth Restriction, and Late-Pregnancy Stillbirth: The Sydney Stillbirth Study”; p. 347).
- ○ Green Journal Global Health highlights two articles in this issue: “Appropriate Use of Antenatal Corticosteroid Prophylaxis” by Goldenberg and McClure (p. 285), and “Trends in Optimal, Suboptimal, and Questionably Appropriate Receipt of Antenatal Corticosteroid Prophylaxis” by Razaz et al (p. 288).
- ○ A new Quick Poll on detecting rupture of membranes with alpha-fetoproteins in vaginal fluid is available. See the article by Mor et al (“Alpha-Fetoprotein as a Tool to Distinguish Amniotic Fluid From Urine, Vaginal Discharge, and Semen”; p. 448).
- ○ Links to the following web-based resources or journals have been provided for selected content in the February 2015 issue:
Cochrane Review and Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
- “Increased Cervical Cancer Risk Associated With Screening at Longer Intervals” by Kinney et al (p. 311)
- “Alpha-Fetoprotein as a Tool to Distinguish Amniotic Fluid From Urine, Vaginal Discharge, and Semen” by Mor et al (p. 448)
Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
- “Costs and Benefits of Opportunistic Salpingectomy as an Ovarian Cancer Prevention Strategy” by Kwon et al (p. 338)
- “Sleep Position, Fetal Growth Restriction, and Late-Pregnancy Stillbirth: The Sydney Stillbirth Study” by Gordon et al (p. 347)
Pearls of Exxcellence
- “Prophylactic Negative Pressure Wound Therapy: We Need Proof Before Application” by Rouse (p. 297)
- “Prophylactic Use of Negative Pressure Wound Therapy After Cesarean Delivery” by Echebiri et al (p. 299)
© 2015 by The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Published by Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc. All rights reserved.
- ○ “A podcast, featuring Dr. Nancy Chescheir reviewing the Editors' Picks for the February 2015 issue, is available.
- ○ An “Ask the Experts” document accompanies this month’s Clinical Expert Series article, “Female Sexual Dysfunction: Focus on Low Desire,” by Kingsberg and Woodard (p. 477).
- ○ Two videos, one showing endometrial aspiration at the conclusion of a saline-infusion sonohysterography procedure, and the other showing maneuvering of a catheter for direct aspiration of a polyp tissue, accompany “Simultaneous Endometrial Aspiration and Sonohysterography for the Evaluation of Endometrial Pathology in Women Aged 50 Years and Older”by Rotenberg et al (p. 414).