Table of Contents
August 2012 Issue
Abstracts or summaries of online content are printed in every issue of Obstetrics & Gynecology in this section. The complete documents can be found on our web site, www.greenjournal.org. The specific URL for the content in this section is printed at the end of the abstract or summary.
What's New Online (August 2012)
© 2012 by The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Published by Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc. All rights reserved.
- Journal Club questionnaires accompany the articles by Schrader et al (“Germline BRCA1 and BRCA2 Mutations in Ovarian Cancer: Utility of a Histology-Based Referral Strategy,” p. 235) and Taylor et al (“Induction of Labor in Twin Compared With Singleton Pregnancies,” p. 297).
- A new Quick Poll asking about the number of patients with tattoos is available. See the related editorial by Blanchette (“Tattoo Pigment Lymphadenopathy,” p. 437) and the related article by Beavis et al (“Tattoo Pigment Lymphadenopathy Mimicking Metastasis in Vulvar Cancer,” p. 442) in the case report issue.
- Green Journal Global Health highlights two articles in this month's issue: “Decrease in Urinary Incontinence Management Costs in Women Enrolled in a Clinical Trial of Weight Loss to Treat Urinary Incontinence” by Subak et al (p. 277); and “Delayed Umbilical Cord Clamping in Premature Neonates” by Kaempf et al (p. 325).
- Links to the following web-based resources or journals have been provided for selected content in the August 2012 issue:
- UpToDate® and Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
- ∘ “Germline BRCA1 and BRCA2 Mutations in Ovarian Cancer: Utility of a Histology-Based Referral Strategy” by Schrader et al (p. 235)
- UpToDate®, Cochrane Review, and Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
- ∘ “Noninvasive Single-Exon Fetal RHD Determination in a Routine Screening Program in Early Pregnancy” by Wikman et al (p. 227)
- ∘ “Changes in the Indications for Scheduled Births to Reduce Nonmedically Indicated Deliveries Occurring Before 39 Weeks of Gestation” by Bailit et al (p. 241)
- ∘ “Long-Term Effect of Infection Prevention Practices and Case Mix on Cesarean Surgical Site Infections” by Kittur et al (p. 246)
- ∘ “Incidence and Risk Factors for Clinical Failure of Uterine Leiomyoma Embolization” by Tropeano et al (p. 269)
- Pearls of Excellence
- ∘ “Induction of Labor in Twin Compared With Singleton Pregnancies” by Taylor et al (p. 297)