The Egyptian Public Health Association was established in 1926 in Cairo as a not-for-profit NGO. The address is : 26 July street, no. 31 (Shusha Building), Cairo. Its mission is to actively contribute to public health research and public policy in Egypt through publishing research and advocacy, and by delivering seminars, conferences, campaigns etc. Through these activities the Association helps to raise awareness of both the scientific community and the public about problems encountered in all aspects of public health especially those related to the environment. The Association Council consists of eminent public health professors and community leaders.
The Association is the owner and the publisher of the Journal of The Egyptian Public Health Association. The management of the journal, editorial team and all publishing processes take place in the High Institute of Public Health, Alexandria University. Journal Issues were first sent to Medline in 1934 and it is available in its database.