The Conflicts of Interest statement in the article, ‘Maternal farm exposure/ingestion of unpasteurized cow's milk and allergic disease,’ which published in the November 2012 issue of the journal, was stated incorrectly .
The correct Conflicts of Interest statement should read as follows:
Conflicts of interest
E.v.M. is a consultant to GlaxoSmithKline, Protectimmun and Novartis. In the past, she also received lecture fees from InfectoPharm, Astellas Pharma Eurpe Ltd., ALK Abelló, Abbott GmbH and Nestle’ Research. She furthermore received fees for consultancy services from Mundipharma Research, PriceSpective, Aptel Research and Decision Resources. Currently, E.v.M. is receiving research grants from the European Commission, the European Research Council, the NIH, the national funding agency Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG), and from the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
E.v.M. is listed as inventor on the following patents:
- Publication number EP 1411977: Composition containing bacterial antigens used for the prophylaxis and the treatment of allergic diseases.
- Publication number EP1637147: Stable dust extract for allergy protection
- Publication number EP 1964570: Pharmaceutical compound to protect against allergies and inflammatory diseases
E.v.M. is listed as inventor and has received royalties on the following patent:
- Publication number EP2361632: Specific environmental bacteria for the protection from and/or the treatment of allergic, chronic inflammatory and/or autoimmune disorders.
1. von Mutius E. Maternal farm exposure/ingestion of unpasteurized cow's milk and allergic disease. Curr Opin Gastroenterol 2012; 28:570–576.