Case ReportsAn Undercovered Health Threat in Turkey Transdermal Methanol IntoxicationUca, Ali Ulvi MD; Kozak, Hasan Hüseyin MD; Altaş, Mustafa MDAuthor Information Department of Neurology, Meram Faculty of Medicine, Necmettin Erbakan University, Konya, Turkey. Address correspondence and reprint requests to Ali Ulvi Uca, MD, Department of Neurology, Meram Faculty of Medicine, Necmettin Erbakan University, Beysehir Street, Meram, 42080 Konya, Turkey; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Conflicts of Interest and Source of Funding: The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare. Clinical Neuropharmacology: March/April 2015 - Volume 38 - Issue 2 - p 52-54 doi: 10.1097/WNF.0000000000000071 Buy Metrics Abstract Methanol is a clear, colorless solvent used in antifreeze solutions, varnishes, cologne, copying machine fluids, perfume, spirit, paint, and fuel. Even small amounts of ingested methanol can cause acute permanent neurological dysfunction and irreversible blindness. Although there are many reports of methanol poisoning due to suicidal or accidental ingestion, reports of transdermal absorption are rare. We present a 68-year-old man with transdermal methanol intoxication applied to our hospital’s emergency department with weakness, loss of vision, and altered state of consciousness. Copyright © 2015 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc. All rights reserved.