- Read the article on page 297.
- Take the test, recording your answers in the test answers section (Section B) of the CE enrollment form. Each question has only one correct answer.
- Complete registration information (Section A) and course evaluation (Section C).
- Mail completed test with registration fee to: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, CE Group, 333 7th Avenue, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
- Within 4-6 weeks after your CE enrollment form is received, you will be notified of your test results.
- If you pass, you will receive a certificate of earned contact hours and answer key. If you fail, you have the option of taking the test again at no additional cost.
- A passing score for this test is 13 correct answers.
- Need CE STAT? Visit www.nursingcenter.com for immediate results, other CE activities and your personalized CE planner tool.
- No Internet access? Call 1-800-787-8985, for other rush service options.
- Questions? Contact Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: 1-800-787-8985.
Registration Deadline: August 31, 2013
Lippincott William & Wilkins, publisher of CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing, will award 2.0 contact hours for this continuing nursing education activity.
Lippincott William & Wilkins is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. This activity is also provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 11749 for 2.0 contact hours. Lippincott William & Wilkins is also an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the District of Columbia and Florida #FBN2454. Your certificate is valid in all states.
The ANCC's accreditation status of Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Department of Continuing Education refers only to its continuing nursing educational activities and does not imply Commission on Accreditation approval or endorsement of any commercial product.
The authors have disclosed that they have no financial relationships related to this article.
Payment and Discounts:
- The registration fee for this test is $21.95.
- Send two or more tests in any nursing journal published by LWW together by mail, and deduct $0.95 from the price of each test.
- We offer special discounts for as few as six tests and institutional bulk discounts for multiple tests. Call 1-800-787-8985, for more information.
CE TEST QUESTIONS
GENERAL PURPOSE STATEMENT: To familiarize the nurse with a study designed to understand patient preferences for using Internet versus paper health surveys.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: After reading this article and taking this test, the nurse will be able to:
- Describe the use of paper and the Internet to collect health data surveys.
- Explain the methodology of the study.
- Outline the results of the study.
1. What percentage of Americans go online in any given day?
2. Research has found that using the Internet to collect survey and research data does all except
a. allow researchers to ask more sensitive questions.
b. offer faster distribution.
c. reduce costs.
d. decrease potential for errors.
3. In hospitals with large patient registries that require ongoing data collection, an Internet-based data collection system could promote data validity and
4. An electronic data collection system would eliminate
a. patient input errors.
b. patient lengthy responses.
c. user-interface errors.
d. user-interface preferences
5. The study described in this article was conducted in which research department?
a. cardiac surgery
b. colorectal surgery
6. In 2007, what was the average cost of mailing surveys for the research department described in this article?
7. Which term best describes the design of the study?
8. Inclusion criteria for the study included completion, in the last 2 years, of at least one
a. postdischarge follow-up survey.
b. admission survey.
c. preoperative survey.
d. postoperative survey.
9. Which section on the survey contained the most number of questions?
a. Internet use
b. paper use
c. Internet versus paper survey completion
d. patient characteristics
10. Which describes an Internet theme studied?
11. The response rate to the survey was
12. Which best describes the participants in the study?
a. single females educated up to high school
b. single males educated up to high school
c. married females educated beyond high school
d. married males educated beyond high school
13. What percentage of participants preferred to receive paper surveys at home?
14. Which demographic best describes participants preferring to complete research surveys by Internet?
c. educated up to high school
15. Participants who were more likely to complete an Internet-based health research survey
a. were older.
b. were single.
c. accessed the Internet via work computer systems.
d. had access to a secure Web-based computer system.
16. The study showed which patients enrolled in research registries are willing and interested in completing computer-based research surveys via the Internet?
a. medically treated patients
b. surgically treated patients
c. trauma patients
d. cancer patients
17. The study found that completing health research surveys electronically was associated with all except
a. having secure computer access.
b. having a general desire to complete health surveys electronically.
c. owning a computer.
d. having a personal health record online.
18. The study found that people more likely to complete surveys online were more likely to
a. access health records online.
b. access health information online.
c. use their computer at home.
d. use a computer for other reasons.