Annals of Medicine and Surgery (AMS) is an open access, online-only, peer-reviewed journal with a global outlook and focus on those training in medicine and surgery (postgraduate and undergraduate).
AMS contains a mix of original clinical and basic science research, reviews, studies, trials, editorials, and case reports.
The journal crosses the whole disease spectrum of medicine and surgery but does also have a special focus on the following areas:
- Patient safety
- Human factors, teamwork, communication and professionalism
- Quality improvement science and practice
- Evidence based medicine
- Implementation science – clinical evidence into practice
- Leadership and management
- Medical education, teaching, and training
- Public and global health
- Healthcare policy, delivery, commissioning, and resource management
- Use of technology and health informatics
- Clinical ethics and medical law
- Research and innovation – bedside to bench and back again – including applications like personalised medicine